Chapter 25: No Promises

"I have to kill Sukuna to get out of here."

—~—

Third Person POV

"I'm telling you-" Amaterasu scolded like an older sister as she ever-so casually threw her sun spear at another reimagined Sukuna, "I am pretty confident that your fear is killing that lover of yours."

(Y/n) sat on the ground next to the goddess firing spears left and right as if she was simply playing javelins. It's kind of ironic how casually the two females kept up a conversation as the goddess of the sun murdered her summoner's husband... yep, that's a sentence alright.

The (h/c)-haired female sighed, pulled her knees closer to her chest and buried the lower half of her face in it.

"I-I don't know... maybe I have another fear?" (Y/n) said in hopes that she wouldn't have to traumatize herself by killing her own husband.

"You do realize you are wasting time in getting your memories back in your physical body," Amaterasu rose a brow and flung another sun ray at a Sukuna clone in boredom, "You're reverting back to your weak self a thousand years ago."

"The thing is, I know these ones are not him but..." (y/n) trailed off with a guilty look in her eyes as Amaterasu, once again, struck another copy of Sukuna before her, "It feels too real. I don't want to see him die- much less, killing him with my own hands."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"Let me think it through?"

"You are causing more trouble for the people outside trying to protect you," the white-haired female sneered before materializing a spear in front of the (h/c)-nette, "Hurry up and make your decision."

"What if it's not Sukuna related at all-?"

"Go. Now." Amaterasu glared at her and pointed her finger at a smirking Sukuna.

"Fine," the poor maiden grabbed the spear, stood up and began to cautiously trudge her way to a bloodlust Sukuna. Throughout this whole process, she didn't even bother to look at the malicious intent in his eyes inspecting her every move.

'You can do this. You can do this. You can do this,' she repeated in her mind, 'Just think of it as ripping off a bandaid. Quick and done with-'

"How cute of you, princess," the King of Curses used his index finger and thumb to roughly grab her chin and forced her to look at him. (Y/n) whimpered a bit but shakily maintained her eye contact nonetheless, "Do you finally have the courage to face me?"

(Y/n) let out a small noise that sounded like a crying puppy before rushing out of his hold and back to Amaterasu, "I-I can't do it!"

"I am pretty sure you got seduced there but whatever," the goddess sighed exasperatedly before killing off this Sukuna once again, "You only have to do this one time- once! And after that, you can see the real him. Isn't that enough motivation?"

"You're... You're right."

"Then stop being childish already-! "

"Yes, I know!" (Y/n) countered as she squeezed her eyes shut and tightly gripped at the sun-made weapon in her right hand. Once she finally opened her eyes, she glared at her lover and stomped over to him.

"Well, isn't it the princess?" Sukuna cockily smirked at her- his crimson eyes following her in amusement.

"Shut up and let me kill you," (y/n) pointed the end of the spear accusingly at the fake Sukuna as he only grinned back. Maybe if she gets real upset at him like the time he killed Yuuji, she would have the guts to kill him instead.