Chapter 12.5: Who (Part 2)

Third Person POV

(Y/n) had not stopped apologizing for the past twenty minutes.

Sukuna was very... disconcerted, to say the least. Sure, there were plenty of times where she was clumsy enough to hit him or when she first gave him food that she made, but not something so life threatening. Even though this was his soul and he can heal if he were to be injured, she also didn't want to witness her husband get impaled either.

"I'm sor-"

Sukuna felt an irk mark appear as he abruptly placed his hands on her shoulders to focus her attention. She stared back at him with teary eyes and a pouted lip as he sighed in exasperation.

"Princess, it's fine. Stop apologizing already and just try not to do something so reckless again. Next time, I won't save your dumbass," he sternly spoke and she meekly nodded her head.

"Okay... oh, I'm sorry for-"

The red-eyed cursed grasped her chin and roughly smashed his lips onto hers to shut her up. When he pulled away, (y/n) was not as embarrassed because she still felt guilty but the bright red blush on her face did not go unnoticed.

"What did I just say about apologizing?" He questioned in a low tone- he only pulled away far enough to which their faces was only centimeters away and his breath fanned against hers.

"I-I was just..." (y/n) quietly stammered as she held her breath due to the close proximity, "I was just going to apologize... for decorating all of the skulls."

"Hm?" He fully pulled away to actually inspect the damage she had done to his Innate Domain as the (h/c)-nette covered her flustered face with both of her hands. She actually had turned around to fan her face and take a couple of deep breaths as Sukuna walked up to one of the skulls and picked it up.

This girl really just wasted her time to wrap one flower around each skull's horn.

He looked up at the humongous pile of bones and was- honestly- quite impressed on how her motivation fueled her this much to decorate at a large scale. He covered his face and laughed uncontrollably at her idiocy and (y/n) hasn't heard this laugh since she forgave him for not telling her he was a curse a thousand years ago.

"Ah, you're something else, princess," the pink-haired male lowly chuckled and walked back to her, "Were you really that bored?"

"Yeah, a bit," she bashfully smiled and scratched her cheek, "Oh! Oh! Can I show you around the place?"

He rose a questioning brow at her, "Hm?"

"I made different sections and this masterpiece-" she gestured to the mountain next to them which took forever to do by the way, "-Is called 'Suki's edgy throne but prettier'."

She gave a cat-like expression as Sukuna could only chuckle, "You need to work on your naming skills."

"Yeah, yeah, but let me show you my hard work!" She exclaimed, grabbed his hand and began to showcase the different landmarks of the Innate Domain.

"And here we have the 'pond of death'."

She pointed to a more outer area of the Innate Domain in which lily pads floated in the shape of a heart.

"And why is it called that?" The pinkette asked, very much intrigued and amused by her thought process, "And why is it in the shape of a heart if it's death?"