Chapter 21: Me & Ur Ghost

"Remember me soon, princess. Goodnight."

—~—

Third Person POV

"(Y/n)! Try this!"

"What is it?"

"I don't know, that's why I'm having you try it first."

"Ehh?! Why me?"

"Because I think the higher ups are trying to kill me."

She only met this man one or two times and in her third encounter, she already had a clear understanding as to his personality. It should've been a red flag when this suspicious white-haired man wearing a blindfold bursted in her room holding a cup with purple liquid in his hands.

"Is it not just... poison?" She rose a brow and inspected the drink as Gojo rapidly shook his head.

"I don't trust it if it's from the higher ups."

"So why are you giving it to me?"

"Don't question it and trust me!"

"No," she deadpanned and handed back the cup to the pouting Gojo to which he refused to take back.

"Okay I lied, it's not from the higher ups but how was I suppose to tell you that I made a potion I found in a book called 'Witchery for Dummies'," Gojo cried and took out a small book from his pant's pocket, "It has ginger, honey, lemon and- the secret ingredient- Camellia sinensis leaves."

"Did you just make tea? And those ingredients in particular are for sore throats?"

"Ohhh was that what that was?"

"And why is it purple?"

"I added purple food dye because it didn't look potion-y enough," the tall male grinned.

"When you said you have been working overtime on missions..." she trailed off in slight disbelief, "Were you seriously researching witchcraft?"

"No! I've been working on other things!" He claimed in an almost offended manner and crossed his arms, "I just learned that if you inhale a sprig of rosemary, you can activate your super memory. Soo~ if I do that every day, I practically have synthesized an eidetic memory."

"I am surprised you are related to Hamamura-san," she muttered with a sweat-drop.

(Y/n) can now see why Gojo claims she and him were good friends before her memory loss incident... because this is something she would do too. But seriously? This guy spent the past five days on 'missions' doing this?

"In all seriousness though, I have been running all around Japan trying to find the curse," Gojo exhaled in distress as he uninvitingly plopped himself on (y/n)'s bed. She figured that this man had no sense of personal space so she didn't even try to get him off, "The school from Kyoto reported an increase of curses lately, the second-years found an interesting trace of curse energy on their own mission yesterday and the first-years are asking for more work to help out."

(Y/n) felt a bit guilty for accusing him like that considering everyone in this school was only trying to help her, especially Gojo. Now that she thought about it, whenever she asked the kids where he was (to ask him about the King of Curses) they always replied that he was out on missions, and this was the fifth day since her first encounter with him.

Speaking of which, now probably was a good time to ask.

"I'm sorry for accusing you earlier and I am extremely grateful for your help," (y/n) nodded towards him in acknowledgement as the white-haired male tilted his head up to look at her, "And thank you for the tea as well. I'll take it as a token of your kindness."