Chapter 14: Never Met

"Nice to see you again, (y/n)."

—~—

Third Person POV

Huh?

He knew her?

"Wait, this means that it didn't work then. Aww..." the blue-haired curse whined, "Oh well. We can do that now if you so please- oh what am I saying, I'll do it anyways."

"Who are you?" Yuuji asked again, but this time it sounded way more venomous as he stood in front of Junpei.

(Y/n) racked her brain trying to figure out how this curse knew her and if she ever saw it before. Sukuna, on the other hand, narrowed his one eye using body manipulation as his curse energy intensified in his Innate Domain.

"Did I fight this curse before? I don't remember seeing one that's so closely human though..." she muttered to herself and grasped her (h/l) (h/c) hair in frustration.

Sukuna knew it. All of these little nonsensical information he's been receiving by these three were starting to make more sense. Although he doesn't know the full story nor why this curse knows (y/n), it was all because of him.

"Mahito-san, wait!" Junpei exclaimed in worry when the male's arm morphed into an increasing size, but it didn't matter as it struck Yuuji into the wall behind him.

"Yuuji!" (Y/n) shouted and dismissed her earlier thoughts, "Junpei, you have to go! Now!"

"I don't know what relationship you have with him, but right now, just run!" The sorcerer added on as he struggled to escape the curse's trap, "Please!"

"Itadori-kun, (l/n)-san, please calm down!" Junpei tried to reason reassuringly, "Mahito-san's not a bad person..."

Ba-dum

(Y/n)'s eyes widened in fear with each step this curse, Mahito, took closer to the boy, "JUNPEI! RUN NOW!"

'No...' she thought when the curse laid its hand on the ravenette's shoulder... From Nanami's report, this curse's jujutsu requires physical contact and the poor maiden couldn't help the lump forming in her throat at the sight.

"You know, Junpei, you've got a good head on your shoulders," Mahito spoke with a smile as the said boy glanced at the curse's hand, "But sometimes deliberation can lead to worse foolishness than imprudence. You're a stereotypical case of that!"

"You're almost as foolish as those people you call fools yourself."

(Y/n)'s heart dropped watching the scene. She could feel Junpei's realization as Yuuji most likely felt the same. Damn you... Damn you to hell.

"That's why you'll die," Mahito whispered.

Hopeless. That's what it was. It was all hopeless watching the sweet, misunderstood boy being transformed into this curse-like being in front of their eyes.

Unknowing tears escaped (y/n)'s eyes as she stared motionlessly at the screen and loosened her grip on Sukuna's kimono. The rapid beating of her cursed heart overtook her hearing that she didn't hear a single word Sukuna was telling her.

"Oi, princess-"

"Sukuna..." the (h/c)-haired female whispered so quietly that it almost went unnnoticed- her gaze never left the screen projected in front of her that she didn't notice his stoic expression that he would use when he was thinking, "Please... please do something."