Chapter 12: Who

"But why did your curse energy change...?"

—~—

Third Person POV

"So in short, your body is out of commission."

"EH?!" (Y/n) exclaimed as a mouth on Yuuji's cheek at Ieri's blunt conclusion.

After the two got back on the hidden part of school grounds (since Yuuji and her was still proclaimed dead) and (y/n) had sobered up a bit, she attempted to return back to her body- and Sukuna let her too- but she couldn't. Yuuji hauled over her limp body to the medical clinician and after (Y/n) explained the situation through Sukuna's body manipulation, the brunette only looked mildly concerned.

"Well she was glowing in an unfamiliar curse energy and from what you told me, this was the goddess of the sun's curse energy, correct?" Ieri asked Yuuji and blew out the smoke from her cigarette, "From what I gathered, is that this goddess is either taking over her body or...

Protecting her."

"Protecting me? How?" (Y/n) questioned in curiosity.

"Think about it. It's one thing for some entity to take over your body, but it's another if you can't get to your Innate Domain even after," the brown-haired woman stuffed her cigarette and threw it in the ash tray of the infirmary, "If you're still alive and curse energy is still being radiated off of you, your conscience should be returning to your Innate Domain to protect your soul. Seeing that this supposed goddess hasn't taken over, we can cross out that possibility."

"Is this maybe related to my dream...?" (y/n) mumbled inside the Innate Domain and Sukuna glanced down at her, "But I haven't seen the goddess of the sun for over a millennium..."

"Yo! What did I miss?" The sight of a certain white-haired sorcerer stuck his head out of the doorway with a smile before he had a good glimpse of the situation, "Woah what happened to her?"

He jutted his thumb to his unconscious coworker laying on the metal table until a mouth reformed on Yuuji's cheek, "I can't return to my body so I'm now stuck here."

Gojo shrieked in terror.

"Wahh! How freaky!" He jokingly shivered and curiously poked around her mouth... (y/n) could see why Sukuna always tried biting the finger of whoever does that to him, "So what happened? Got hit by a truck and reincarnated into the protagonist of a shounen manga?"

The maiden rolled the one eye that was shown on the boy's cheek, "Long story short, the goddess I was telling you about that tried taking over my body a thousand years ago- yeah, her- is either trying to do that again or protecting me. I'm hoping it's the latter."

Gojo seemed to be taken aback and had his serious, professional persona on. He grasped at his chin and was seemingly contemplating something before he suddenly clapped his hands.

"This is hilarious! I should draw a mustache on your face!"

"Thanks," she spoke sarcastically. The amount of irritation laced in her voice was astronomical, "I appreciate your ever-so overwhelming concern you have over my situation."

"I'll help!" Yuuji rose his hand excitedly and (y/n) had her mouth agape at the comment.

"Yuuji!" She cried, "I trusted you!"

"Anyways, I know what is happening," Gojo suddenly said and everyone turned curiously at him, "I could feel the goddess' soul in your own. She's using a technique on you which ultimately lead to your soul wandering but luckily, you can stay in Sukuna's for the time being until you get your body back."