Chapter 16: Rewind

"We gotta surprise everyone!"

—~—

Third Person POV

"I... firmly dislike you."

"Don't be shy, princess. Just say you hate him."

"You right. I hate you."

"Hate is a strong word..."

Gojo pouted as (y/n) took the brown bear, mascot-looking costume into her hands and heavily sweat-dropped. Where did he manage to find this or how much this costs... it hurts her wallet just even thinking about it.

"Come on, (l/n)-sensei, it would be fun!" Yuuji prodded as he ran around with the cart he's going to hide inside in, "Imagine the looks on their faces! They'll be so happy!"

"E-Eh..." the (h/c)-nette hesitantly sounded. Normally, she won't have a problem doing something silly like this but...

Would her students really appreciate seeing their 'supposedly dead' teacher in a bear costume?

"Just leave it to me!" Gojo exclaimed, "The first-years will be laughing and crying from happiness and shock. The second-years and Kyoto students will cry with them. And someone among them will choke up and vomit... this will even solve global warming!"

"..." (y/n) and Nanami stared at the white-haired sorcerer, silently judging him for his stupidity.

"Sweet!" Yuuji shouted with a thumbs up to show his agreement to this plan. "What do I do?!"

"Just go with the flow," the blindfolded sorcerer began to wave his arms and the young boy followed suit.

"I am so sorry you have to deal with this," (y/n) bowed apologetically at Nanami but the blonde held up a hand to stop her.

"I should be saying that to you, (l/n)-san."

"Hey, I'm still in the room, you know!" Gojo cried.

"Sorry for the wait!" The strongest shaman to exist hurriedly pushed the cart Yuuji was in as (y/n) haggardly struggled behind him due to her wearing the bear costume, "Hey, I see everyone's here! I was on a business trip overseas. So I will now hand out souvenirs!"

'Goddamn you, Gojo,' (y/n) leaned down and placed her hands on her knees as she heavily panted for air, 'Why the hell are you running with those lanky legs of yours?! You're just doing this to make me suffer.'

After the poor maiden caught her breath, she finally was able to see her first-year students through the eyes of the bear head. She smiled seeing that nothing had changed- considering they were still bickering with Gojo of how rude he was being late- and that they were alive and well.

"Ah?! Brown bear?!" Panda pointed at (y/n) as she jumped in her spot, "Cousin? What are you doing here? Are you here to fight again?"

'E-Eh...' (y/n) thought and held her hands up as everyone's focus was on the mascot, 'Didn't even realize Panda had relatives...'

Gojo quickly interjected as to not ruin the surprise so early, "I hired a mascot so everyone can have good spirits as they fight to the death-!"

"It's not to the death, Gojo..." a woman with medium, dark blue hair deadpanned.

"Ahem... almost to the death!" The white-haired man reiterated with a bright smile, "Welcome your good luck charm, (nickname)!"

The two first-years blinked in surprised before narrowing their eyes suspiciously at their teacher. Why would he choose a name so closely related to their dead teacher?