Chapter 24: Greek Tragedy

"Finally- after a thousand years- I get the chance to kill you."

—~—

Third Person POV

"I can't believe I'm about to say this to you..." the goddess of the sun, Amaterasu, complimented with the tiniest hint of amusement, "But this is quite an impressive play on your behalf."

The (h/c)-haired female groaned as she sat up to face the goddess of the sun in her Innate Domain. A look of astonishment and awe graced Amaterasu's face whilst (y/n) could only nod and groggily stood up.

"Is that why back then... you did that, correct?" Amaterasu inquired.

"Yep," (y/n) sighed and rubbed at her temple where her head was aching unbearably, "It was only a matter of time, really..."

— Flashback —

June, 2018 - Tokyo, Japan

It's been roughly a thousand years since the death of her husband and here (y/n) was in Tokyo in search of his fingers... and she only obtained three within a millennium.

She decided to start in Tokyo for a majority of her search considering a larger population means more curses spawning off of people's negative emotions, therefore after Sukuna's lingering curse energy.

"I swear by the gods... if you died in your curse form," (y/n) huffed and crossed her arms as she walked around the various cemeteries and abandoned buildings, "You could've retracted your second pair of arms when you fight, y'know."

If anyone had passed by her, they would've thought that this lady had gone mad. Talking to herself was one thing, but 'dying in your curse form' and 'retracting your second pair of arms' is not something a normal human being should be talking about. But hey, she wasn't fully human anyways so why would it matter.

"Now where are you..." she mumbled to herself as she ever-so-subtly circled around multiple slabs of stones in hopes that whatever strong power she felt earlier was above ground.

Ba-dum

The (h/c)-nette gasped at the nauseating sensation of curse energy next to her and did not hesitate to activate her jujutsu. She hastily spun around to find a humanoid curse and... and... a human?

'Why...' she widened her eyes at the long, black-haired man bearing black yukata robes and a golden, rakusu garment. His hair was tied half-up and his dark brown eyes were so similar as well, 'Do you look like... him.'

"Hello there," the male spoke with an unnerving calm considering he was frozen in place. It wasn't helping that his counterpart just stared at her with a childish joy with his different-colored eyes, "(Y/n) (l/n)."

"Who..." she begun with eyes wavering in fear, "Who are you?"

She had a feeling. She had a clear gut instinct that she should run away as far as she can... but she had to confirm. Why was he here?

"Me?" He asked with a seemingly polite tone but (y/n) knew better and kept her guard up, "My name is Suguru Geto. The one next to me is Mahito."

"Bullshit," she snapped aggressively and tightened her manipulation over their curse energy. She could feel them tense under her control and she didn't even give them the liberty of being comfortable in her jujutsu, "Tell me how you're still alive...