33: Rocket, Party City, and the Flint Michigan Police Department

this is wicked long I got carried away

HÅKON

Okay, yeah, so, maybe I did just re-realize that he's going to be gone from me for an undefined amount of time very very soon and I'm absolutely scared of that. He's been glued to my left side since the season started and now he's even closer than that because we've spent like every waking and sleeping hour with each other for the last month. We've been in each other's pockets for half of an entire year and I'm so very not ready for him not to be.

So maybe I have separation anxiety. Like a lot of separation anxiety. Like a worrying amount of separation anxiety. Like my world just kinda fades to black after he gets on the plane to the Czech Republic because I physically do not know what I'm gonna do when he's not around to keep me entertained or keep me company of any of that. What am I going to do? Have to set up all my pillows to cuddle me just right like he does so I can fall asleep? Actually work out instead of fuck around with him? He's gonna leave and I'm just going to exist again and I'll have to actually think about things instead of looking to him because I wanna goof off instead of do anything.

Anyway.

We're fifteen minutes late. I didn't really want to be that late but he's a wizard with convincing me to do things that directly conflict with my desire to be on time.

"There you two are." I look around at the rag tag group. Vera, Wilhelm and Hugo looking like they didn't sleep a wink, Astrid and Eva about the same, two groomsmen looking moderately rested.

Vera hands us a sheet. "This is what we need to do, you and the two over there are on chair and table duty."

I mentally groan, if I was sore when I woke up I'm worse now. My legs ache, my whole back is stiff, my neck hurts just a bit from one bad angle and to be completely front with you, he got a little rougher this morning. He's a little too excitable for my already-sore body.

Wilhelm and Hugo ease up, stretching and joining on us on our walk out back to the venue area.

"Long night?" Milo asks the two of them, a little glint in his eyes.

Wilhelm lets out a shallow noise of confirmation and I practically freeze in my spot.

"Hold on."

"Don't even start, Håkon." Wilhelm mutters.

I look over at Hugo who's very close to dead on his feet. "You and Hugo?"

"Straight as a rail with one singular bend." Wil grumbles. "He's the bend."

"Damn," I let out a tiny laugh. "Woulda never guessed."

"Your boyfriend did," Hugo yawns, gesturing at Milo. "He sparked the argument that sparked whatever this is."

I turn to look at Milo who's pleasantly trying to make it look like he's innocent. "Milo."

"Okay, so, I guessed just a little, but c'mon." He points at them. "Is that not proof? I swear I've got like top tier detection methods but only for people so far stuffed in the closet I'd find Narnia before them."

I sigh, patting a table and letting him get the other side, folding it up.

"So how did that even..." I look between them. "Because the last time I checked both of you were very straight."

Wil and Hugo shrug, Wil speaks first. "He was the bend point. He's been the bend point for ten years. Yeah, I've fallen in and out of love with a couple girls between now and then but under it has been Hugo."