31: Kelly

ROCKET

Seattle has to be one of my favorite cities to visit and it's not because I like the city, it's because Kelly lives here.

And I know it sounds stupid, but my ex-girlfriend and I still love hanging out while I'm in the city.

"Yets," I grab his sleeve and pull him into mine and Steph's hotel room instead of his. I'm already dressed to go, I got showered after practice and have everything set up to head right to Kelly's for a couple hours before getting back here to sleep before the game tomorrow.

"Hm?" He runs a hand through his soaking wet post-shower hair. His shirt is sticking to his chest and it takes my gay ass probably four extra seconds to process that.

"I'm going to Kelly's and you're coming with me."

"What?" He frowns. "Your ex from high school?"

"Yeah, she lives around here and I'm going to visit. You're coming along."

He still seems confused. "Why?"

"Because she wants to meet you? Just go put on pants and shoes I'll be over to your room in five."

He looks down at his shorts. "Do I have to put on pants? I just got out of the shower and all I have are slacks."

Yes, yes he does because his thighs are doing the pro hockey thing where the way he's got the top of his shorts is making the bottom lip of them ride up over the top of his thighs and bunch up in a funky way. Imagine regular athletic shorts but the way he's built is making them look like they're the wrong size even though I know the waistband on that is tied as tight as he can get it.

I clear my throat. "Whatever, but you're going to be cold."

"I'll just bring a hoodie."

"Yeah, go do that, I'll be right there."

He nods, then spins around to head back to his room.

Fucking hockey legs.

I get out my phone and throw a quick text to Kelly, just telling her I'm bringing someone different with me this year.

And then we're off. Kelly went to college out in Montreal so until this year I was visiting her while playing the Canadians, now it's while we're playing the Kraken.

Håkon seems less than thrilled with having to leave his pre-diner isolation time where I've found that he sits in his room on his phone doing practically nothing until we all meet to go eat.

But, it's good to have a copilot walking with me to try to find Kelly's apartment because both of us are having a rough go of it with google maps.

Eventually we think we've got it, knocking on a door.

Thank fuck.

"ROCKET!" Kelly throws her arms around me, giving me the half-strangle half-hug that I wait a year for.

"Kell!" I hug back. "How's Seattle treating you?"

"Absolutely great, how's Regina?" She ruffles up my hair, then spots Yeti. "Apparently it's treating you well. Hey, I'm Kelly."

Håkon looks awkwardly at her hand, then shakes it. "Håkon."

"Håkon" she repeats.

He purses his lips. "No, no, the a makes a sound like you're getting punched. Håkon."

"Håkon." she tries again.

He sighs. "Good enough."

Kelly glances at me. "Is this they mystery boyfriend you refused to give me details on? This is definitely the mystery boyfriend. Normally you bring Sags."