Chapter 34:

Chenle sits up, later making his way to the window as he opens it to let Jisung inside his room. The first thing that Jisung does is wrap his arms around his boyfriend lovingly without any hesitation, assuming that he can never be healed or recovered once the demon wins the battle. Jisung lets go of the elf as Chenle starts seeing the pain in his beloved's eyes.

"What do you mean that you're turning into a monster?"
"Amélie... She's going to take over me- my body and my mind! Chenle, please tell me what to do! I'm scared that I might hurt you or worse than that!-"

Chenle suddenly pulls Jisung close to him once again, trying to make him calm down.

"Jisung, calm down. We can surely fix this, alright? I'm sure there's a way to fix this."

Chenle says, reassuring the prince that he would end up alright. However, Chenle never really knew if he could truly fix his situation in just a short amount of time. They've been trying to find a way since the start of Jisung's certain headaches that turn into painful emotional attacks. Based on how Jisung currently looks, Chenle definitely knows that it would be very hard for him to turn Jisung into his normal state as his eyes are clearly glowing red while both of his arms and wrists are being wrapped around with creeping veins.

Chenle then leads Jisung to sit on his bed for a while to calm himself down.

"You stay here, alright? I'll be at the library to find something that can solve this. I'll be right back. Please... just stay here, Jisung."

He pleads, causing the younger one to nod before letting the elf go. Chenle makes his way down to the library, where he put all of the specific materials in. He immediately grabs the 'demon execution' book he found at Renjun's old place from the last few days.

"Naposcez Dieman... Naposcez Dieman... Naposcez Dieman- Found it!"

He says to himself before flipping over pages as he finally finds the information about demons possessing a human being's body. As he reads each word carefully, he notices a warning at the end of the page. 'A warning?', the curious elf thought before continuing to read what the warning meant.

[ 'The warning of doing this process is that the demon might kill the person they're possessing once they are free from the body.' ]

Of course, Chenle starts to doubt himself even more as he doesn't really know what to do just to save his beloved. If Chenle completes the process with the prince, there will always be that possibility where the demon will still live and end the life of his true love. However, if Chenle doesn't do anything to save Jisung, then he will turn into the reason why Jisung will be gone forever... stuck in Amélie's control.

"Dear god, what do I do?!"

He exclaims all by himself, closing his eyes shut as his fingers started to run through his hair, later yanking it in complete despair. In Chenle's head, it felt like the walls around him were coming closer and closer as the feeling of being stuck in his place made his heart pump faster. He shakes his head in frustration as he finally leaves the library, choosing to walk the other path instead.

He never wanted to see him die.

He comes back to his bedroom, seeing the prince silently watching the skies outside with such a peaceful ambiance. The elf takes a pause to just take a look at how Jisung gets fascinated at something so simple like stars and the moon. 'Does it all have to end this way?', Chenle asks himself as his smile starts to fade away because of the thought of Jisung's presence disappearing starting from this night.

Chenle walks towards him, sitting beside the younger one as they both admire the midnight sky.

"... Jisung."