Chapter 35: FINALE

"I don't want to cooperate with you. You ruined Haechan and Mark's marriage, Amélie. I'm his brother and I'm a good person now."
"Being good is usually perceived us strong and mighty... With your current state of being good, can you kill me? No. It's because of your pathetic fear of losing yourself when you can be so much more and even be stronger than I already am. What is strong and mighty now?"

The demon asks the prince as Jisung looks at her with his lids being halfway closed because of how weak he's been feeling.

"Haechan will get rid of you. Chenle will get rid of you. Jeno, Jaemin, and Mark will get rid of you. I'm not scared of you."
"Well, are you afraid of death?"

Amélie asks, causing the prince to take a pause to think of a response. The demon scoffs, assuming that Jisung is nothing but a show-off. A tentacle goes near Jisung's chest as it morphs into a huge, sharp blade that can pierce Jisung whenever it wants to.

"Let us find out if you really are not scared of death, hmm?"

She says as the tentacle finally pierces Jisung's chest without any hint of hesitation, his heart being slashed into half in a matter of seconds. Jisung gasps for air, trying to survive the sharp pain he feels on his chest while his hands try to grasp on something terribly. His impaled body later falls down on the ground completely, blood oozing out of both his back and his chest.

The sand of the desert was mixed with the blood that came out of him as he tried to open his widely every time a second passed by. He felt his lungs trying to grasp for more air but he could no longer take anything anymore. All he had now was his suffering.

'Forgive me, Chenle.', the prince thought before his eyes finally closed. Jisung's last few seconds were composed of just plain, blurry darkness as no memory came to visit him before he finally lost everything he fought for. No more light just like how there was no hint of hope after all of his progress.

Jisung couldn't believe it himself that he will actually lose this time. His head finally resting against the sandy ground as his lips started to turn pale, his skin turning paper white as a result, too. The blood on the ground started to turn into burning ash, glowing with the shade of dark red.

A few moments later, his eyes jolt open as he awakens once again. However, his eyes were much different as they glowed with dark radiance. The prince they once knew and loved was already gone since the moment he opened his eyes from the pain he felt. He looks around to see the demon, who once killed him, helping him get up from the ground.

"Who are you?"
"Someone who can help you."

Amélie smiles at the prince as he finally ends up getting up from the ground, holding her hand as the two of them later walk together into the entrance of the kingdom. This isn't Jisung anymore. He's been rebirthed and he's more inhumane than ever.

However, inside his head, the real and pure-hearted version of him is still there, trying to escape the darkness of the current Jisung's mind. Although that's how eternal darkness is supposed to be. The darkness that's being filled with evil and guilt is supposed to swallow you and turn you into a part of it. That's what's clearly happening to Jisung.

He's being swallowed and he'll later be a part of it.

The demon and the prince both flew to where the balcony of the palace was, standing in front of the glass window as Amélie banged her fist at it. It causes the glass to crack as the prince kicks it to completely destroy the window, the servants around them being horrified at the sight of the shards on the floor.