Chapter 10:

"It really is great to walk outside. It just helps me rest from all of that work-"
"Yeah... It looks really great..."
"... What looks 'really great'?"

Chenle asks, being confused at what Jisung just told him. Of course, Jisung didn't understand clearly what Chenle's talking about because he was being too distracted with how Chenle's looks were very... beautiful. Then, he realizes what Chenle's words actually meant.

"U-Uh... The... T-The view!"
"Oh? The view... um... Of course! That also looks great..."

Chenle awkwardly responds, kind of wishing Jisung told him a different answer instead. Of course, Chenle liked Jisung as a friend that he almost fully trusted but there were always times when he doesn't think of Jisung as a friend. Chenle doesn't know that because he doesn't even admit that he already likes Jisung as a friend!

"Your highness!"

Beomgyu breathes out exhaustingly, catching up to them as he stands with a slouched position because he's tired from all of the running he did. It was part of Beomgyu's job to follow and guard Jisung as he was one of the kingdom's servants. Although, it really is going to be tiring if he's working for someone like Jisung... the worse part is that he's even with Chenle!

"Yes, Beomgyu?"
"... Do we... really have to run... all the way here?-"
"Well, isn't it fun?"
"... I'm kind of exhausted, your highness-"
"Well... I think we should rest for a bit!"

Jisung said as the three of them sat on the random log, sitting beside each other like they were friends.

"So was it fun to spend time with me, Jisung?"
"Well, I really can't lie about that because... it really was fun to be with you."

Jisung replies with a smile as he gets distracted with Chenle's expressive eyes once again. Of course, Beomgyu noticed this, he's literally like an expert with "man-to-man" contact since he knew that he once loved a man like him before. Beomgyu smiles to himself, trying not to break the news to Jisung real quick.

The three of them decided to just sit there for a few minutes before deciding to go back home.

At that moment, Chenle realized something. The moment Jisung and Beomgyu started to walk away, he suddenly heard multiple birds chirping around him with a certain melodic pattern... No... not chirping but more like "whistling".

Chenle stood there for a bit, trying to listen closely at the whistling as Jisung noticed that Chenle was left there while being startled all by himself.

If it wasn't obvious enough, Jisung couldn't hear the whistling that Chenle heard.

"Chenle!"

Jisung calls Chenle's name as Chenle realizes what he's doing, catching up to both Beomgyu and Jisung afterward. Chenle didn't know who was whistling or WHAT was whistling. The strange melody that played into his ears sounded like they were specifically sung by an airy-voiced, angelic choir.

Unknowingly, the three of them missed an important message from a certain spirit.

Meanwhile, at the palace, Haechan decided that it would be fun for both him and his beloved husband to do some chores. Even if Mark knew Haechan still had a lot of work to do, he knew that this certain activity will prevent Haechan from getting too stressed. Mark knew that 'stress' wasn't good for his husband's health as it affected him badly in the past.

But the past is in the past, right?

Yes and... no. Even if Haechan tried to get rid of his bad memories, he still knew that those memories will always be a part of who he is now. Haechan was born to be the rightful king with his rightful husband.