Chapter 9:

Jisung goes downstairs, seeing Mark and his brother oddly waiting for him in the living room. He wondered why the two of them were oddly crossing their arms at him. Did he do something wrong?

"..."
"... Pardon?"
"Did you expel them?"
"... Yes?"

Jisung felt nervous. He assumed that he was going to be scolded by these two.

"Thank god, you did. I heard that those five men were very homophobic AND EVEN WORSE, they were very violent!"

Haechan says, sighing in relief. Jisung was left confused at how the two of them reacted. Mark, on the other hand, gave Jisung a pat on his back.

"That's a great job, Jisung."
"Well... It's something I should do, right?"
"Of course- Where are you heading, by the way?"
"... I'm heading to the orphanage, I guess?"

Jisung gives him a shrug.

"... You're going to visit him again, aren't you?"

Mark asks as Jisung gives another shrug but more confused this time. Jisung was definitely confused about what the two of them were doing. He, then, casually exits the living room as he walks outside of the palace to enter the base of the servants.

He was planning to go to the orphanage with Beomgyu once again.

"Choi Beomgyu?"

Jisung calls into the base as Beomgyu pops out of his desk, walking towards Jisung in complete confusion.

"Your highness?"
"I'm about to visit Chenle once again. Would you mind coming with me?"
"Yes, of course... I'll be glad to come with you, your highness."

Beomgyu gives Jisung a smile before walking with him, about to visit Chenle once again. They went outside of the palace as they made their way to the station where they book a ride to the "abandoned kingdom". Of course, Haechan would've assigned a special carriage ride for them but Jisung didn't want to.

He just wanted to feel what's normal enough.

As the two of them were inside the carriage ride they booked, Jisung started to talk to his servant.

It was a little silent and he didn't really want to be awkward around him.

"... So... Have you heard of the news?"
"What news, your highness?"
"I fired someone... Actually, I fired five men from working as knights at the palace."
"... Why did you fire them, your highness?"
"Because they were disobeying the law, specifically rule number twenty-six and that's just... very offending to a lot of people."
"... Oh?... Oh! That rule! You should call me the next time this happens, your highness!"
"... Really? Why?"
"I can give them a good beating out of anger-"
"No, Beomgyu! Rule number fifteen says NO VIOLENCE!"
"... Alright but if I witness men like them then feel free to fire me, your highness."
"BEOMGYU."

~

"So you're here again?"
"Well... I mean, I could leave if you don't want me here-"
"Then, what if I don't want you here?"

Chenle asks as Jisung's eyes widen in nervousness.

"W-Well... Do you not want me here?"

Jisung asks, waiting for Chenle to respond. Surprisingly, Chenle never responded negatively as he pulled out the extra chair in his office. Chenle stares at Jisung for a bit before he points towards the chair.

"... Hmm?"
"Sit."
"... I-I'm gonna sit... there? Are you sure about this, Chenle?"
"Did I stutter?"

Chenle coldly asks with an insensitive tone as a small smile appears on Jisung's face, realizing that Chenle "probably" allows him to stay at his office. Jisung proceeds to sit on the chair, feeling a little bit nervous since Chenle expressed nothing but coldness towards him in the past few days.