Chapter 13:

"Well, how are you during the past two years?"
"I've been doing pretty great. I mean, the kingdom's doing great and I get to actually be responsible with my own actions."

Mark replies bluntly as he takes a bite out of his bread, wanting to show his parents that he doesn't care about what they think of his marriage. His father sighs, not accepting the fact that his son isn't attracted to any woman at all. He places his glass of wine on the right side of the table, fixing the collars of his shirt before he starts another conversation with his son.

"Will you introduce him to me, Mark?"
"As I've said before, you already know him since we were still kids! Don't you remember my first best friend here and in my entire life?"

Mark was pissed off at his father, trying to make both of his parents understand that Haechan was someone they once knew. Mark couldn't accept the fact that all his parents wanted for him to be is a wealthy businessman or a famous doctor in Vancouver. He's literally a royal king! Why can't they just accept that their son is married to the man that he actually is in love with?

It's almost unbelievable for Mark at this point.

"Who is he?"
"I'm Haechan... Lee.."

Originally, Haechan never had a surname because his parents never had it themselves. He was simply called "Prince Haechan" back when he wasn't a king. After marriage, he fully accepts that he should be called as "King Lee Haechan" from now on.

"... Well, greetings! I am Mark's father, Victor Lee. I've noticed that you have owned the surname of my son and our family. Can you explain why you took his surname?-"
"I'm his husband. Do you have any questions that aren't very controversial or offensive?"
"I do not have much of that for I am very confused about why Mark chose to marry you... a man."
"He loves me. I love him. It's just as simple as that, Sir. Don't you think when heterosexual people marry each other, it also means that they love one another? You previously stated that marriage and love are both sacred and... well, we love each other so much that I don't really see the problem."
"Well, I'll have to inform you that being a homosexual man attracted to men is very illegal back in Vancouver-"
"Well, aren't you stepping foot in the New Sun-Fire Kingdom? No, that's not illegal here and it's very much against the rule to harass people who are attracted to the same gender as they are. Do you think Mark will ever come back to Vancouver with his severely homophobic and problematic parents who couldn't accept who he really is? I don't think so."

Mark's father, Victor, couldn't even respond. Haechan's power over his kingdom could be either heroic or intimidating. Mark sighs, holding Haechan's hand once again to calm him down.

"... I apologize, Mr. Lee. My temper is quite uncontrollable at the moment... I'll have to excuse myself."

Haechan abruptly says, catching Mark's attention. Of course, Mark was worried about his husband as he really seemed like he was very hurt and offended by his parents. Haechan gets up from his seat and immediately starts to exit the restaurant, wanting to just leave. However, Mark was still holding his hand as he followed him all the way out of the restaurant, not letting go of Haechan's hand at all.

Haechan, then, lets go of Mark's hand as he wants to be alone outside.

"Haechan!"

Mark yells his name as Haechan pauses, listening to what Mark is about to say. However, Haechan received a hug instead as it made him feel like there was still a way to solve the problem. Mark knew that the two of them could get through this very emotional problem.

Of course, Haechan and Mark both felt like everything was falling apart. The two of them only had each other as Mark's parents even turned their backs at their only son just because he's in love AND married to a man. Mark knew that it wasn't usual for him to cry but that doesn't mean that he doesn't do that.