Chapter 20:

"... Jeno?"
"... Um- Hi- Uh... Good morning..."

Jeno greets Jaemin awkwardly, trying to hide the fact that he's the one sending Jaemin lavenders since the day he knew that Jaemin was in the hospital. Unfortunately, Jaemin catches him placing another vase of lavenders on his side table "sneakily". Of course, Jeno wanted to talk to Jaemin at some point but he didn't expect it to be as awkward and embarrassing as this.

"... Look, I'm the one sending you the lavenders-"
"Chenle told me about that."
"... I never told Chenle- Oh, god. Jisung told Chenle- I'm going to kill him!-"
"Again, why do you send me these lavenders?"

Jaemin asks bluntly as Jeno lets out a sigh, assuming that Jaemin is definitely still mad at him and still demanding an explanation. Of course, Jeno is wrong with what he's assuming once again. Jaemin isn't mad at him but it's literally so early in the morning yet he sees his ex-boyfriend carefully placing a vase of lavenders on his side table randomly.

"... I don't know how to talk to you-"
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know if you're still mad at me and I'm sure you still are! I'm really sorry, Jaemin. I know that I was too inconsiderate and sensitive. I started this whole misunderstanding and... I just can't... I just can't lose you. I don't want to lose you. I want you to stay and I want to stay with you, too! For the love of god, I still love you so much! I can't live without you, Jaemin... I'm sorry for everything... I really am..."
"... Well, that's a long period of rambling but I still got the message..."

Jaemin didn't really have time to think of a better response, causing Jeno to not know if Jaemin does hate him or not.

"... I'm sorry, too. If I just told you earlier then you could've not doubted yourself and our... well... our relationship, Jeno... I was being inconsiderate, too... Will you forgive me?"
"Of course... and I will always do that no matter what happens-"
"Then, will you stay with me again? Please... don't let me leave. Don't let me leave once again, Jeno."
"... Don't worry. I won't ever do that again."

Jeno responds, walking towards Jaemin as he sits beside him while pressing his forehead against Jaemin's. They knew that they will both reconcile again and that they could never stop loving each other. Jeno then gives Jaemin a quick peck on his forehead.

"... Well, since we've gotten back on our journey together... Can you show me?"
"... Oh, you mean the bruises?"
"Yes, I need to see every bruise because... well... I'm a knight and I know how specific attacks are placed and... I'm your boyfriend."

The way Jeno told Jaemin about it made Jaemin giggle and hit him playfully... like the old days. Basically, Jaemin felt flustered and was blushing because of it.

"You're so adorable! I can't wait to finally... be with you..."
"... Me, too."
"... When are you going to be ready to get out of here, though?"
"Probably the next two days? I don't know... Do you want to see... it?"
"Yes."

Jeno answers as he helps Jaemin untie his hospital gown, seeing small bruises around his sides even if his body being viewed from the back.

"... Huh? Can you turn around?"
"... Sure."

Jaemin replies, turning around as Jeno's eyes widen at the view of massive bruises that were placed around Jaemin's torso.

"... They did that to you?!-"
"Calm down, Jeno. It doesn't hurt that much anymore-"
"Lie down."

Jeno says with a stern voice, worried about the bruises because they were still a bit red but also wanting to just give Jaemin lots of love at the same time. Jaemin was startled with how Jeno told him to lie down on the bed as he followed immediately.