An Awkward Meeting

A small brunette that went by the name of George, was grabbing things out of his locker. I need my math books and history books... I need my pencils and... He thought to himself as he grabbed his supplies for the next two classes. The halls were busy, so George had no choice but to stay at his lockers till the crowd cleared.

He finished putting his things away in his backpack before looking to his side. It George a while to notice, but there was a tall blonde standing and staring at him on the other side of his locker door. "Umm, hello?" He quickly mustered up. The blonde simply was lost in his thoughts until George waved a hand in front of the taller boy. "Hello?" He said again, louder thinking maybe he just hadn't heard him the first time.

"Oh-umm, was I staring? I'm sorry." The dirty blonde finally said as he rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand. "I'll go now." George simply watched as the flustered blonde left him at his locker. What was that even about. George recognized the taller boy but didn't happen to know his name. Confused, George slammed his locker closed and rushed to class.

————————————————

Clay walked up to the brunette slowly as his unknown confidence left him. He had been keeping his eye on the shorter boy, nervous to talk to him. I'm never this nervous, he thought to himself while running his hand through his hair. He finally reached the lockers and simply stood by the brown-haired boy. He didn't mean to stare, but he was just lost in his thoughts. What do I say? I've never even talked to this boy. God! I don't even know his name. He thought and thought until a hand waving in his face caught his attention. "Umm, hello?" the brunette spoke. Startled, Clay didn't say a thing. Instead he looked down and started to fiddle with his sleeve. "Hello?" the brunette spoke now speaking a little louder.

"Oh-umm, was I staring. I'm sorry." Clay finally spoke, glancing up at the shorter boy. Just ask him for his name and if he wants to hang out some time. But what will my friends think? Will they think I'm weird? Weird for asking the least popular kid to hang out. "I'll go now." He quickly gave a weak wave and left. Rushing to his class, he bumped into several kids not even saying sorry.

Once Clay made it to his class, he was stopped by a hand grasping his shoulder. He quickly turned to see who had taken his shoulder into their hand, "Clay." The voice was serious, "Clay!" He was snapped from his trance, his vision clearing. Clay took notice to the brown almost black hair the boy had. The shorter boy was also wearing a black hoodie with a white t-shirt over it. "Oh, Nick." Clay stated shaking his head hoping to clear his thoughts.

"Man, you scared me. I haven't seen you like that in a while. Everything good?" Clay simply nodded his head and gave a fake smile which was hinted with 'I'll talk to you later' all over it. Nick sighed and let go of Clay's shoulder. He smiled and sat at the desk, which was by Clay's, he then grabbed some sticky notes and began writing something. Nick glanced up to the teacher who was rambling on about something in history, after he tapped Clay's desk and placed the sticky note on the desk.

Meet me at my house later today. We need to talk. :)

————————————————

The day went by slowly as George wandered from class to class. Bored in last period, George tapped his pencil on his desk which earned him many glares from students sitting by him. Instead of continuing the tapping on his desk he stopped and started doodling. He let his mind wander as he drew little squiggled flowers and smiley faces. George was awakened from the wandering doodles when he took notice of one.

On the paper there was a face which showed features of the blonde from before. He scribbled out the face, flustered about why his head would picture something like that. The shy blonde wasn't usually in his head. All George knew was that he was popular and was on the school football team. He didn't even care about the taller boy since he was popular and usually loud. So why is he in my head.

The school bell rung telling students the school day was over. Relieved, George pushed himself through the crowds and back out to his locker where he opened it. He just sighed at the mess that he had been gathering throughout the first month of school. He shoved everything he could inside his backpack, garbage and all, and grabbed a chip bag which he left for himself that morning.

George walked to his car, taking in deep breaths of the refreshing air and letting the wind swish his hair back and forth. He reached his car, taking in one more deep breath, he hopped into it and started the engine. The engine roared and sputtered to life as George put it into reverse and drove out to the road. The trees were waving around in the high winds, practically proving the storm that the news had been talking about for the last two days. George sighed and opened his window and take in the cold wind and slightly dewy air which had formed. He glanced out his window letting the little droplets of starting storm set on his face. It felt so refreshing after the summer heat which was still lasting into the early fall.

He drove and drove, not wanting to return home yet knowing about the homework he'd be doing once he did arrive. He continued driving till he spotted a nice park to stop and rest at. George left his car grabbing his bag of chips as well. The lush grass folded as he stepped onto it taking the weight compared to its littleness. He took a seat on a bench which was already covered in tiny little drops. His back shivered as he rested it onto the backrest letting the wetness seep into his hoodie. He slowly took in all the little details which surrounded him. The yellowish toned grass, the storm clouds which formed, the crinkling of the chip bag, and the slight wind that rustled his hair ever so slightly. He sat there for another ten minutes till he realized how much rainwater had accumulated onto his clothes and hair. Ugh, my mum is going to freak, he thought has he got up and slowly returned to his car.

————————————————

Clay had been wasting time. He didn't wish to talk to anyone, especially Nick which knew him the best out of everyone he knew. He had been acting off, his confidence that day dwindled from good to terrible after he talked the short brunette. He had very sensitive confidence levels, one day he could be overly confident and the next he could be hiding away from everyone. This is all the came with being popular. You had to hide yourself from the others only to show your higher confidence or people would throw you down. He didn't like the whole popular system, though did anyone. It's truly terrible to think of the expectations, boys had to be seductive, athletic, and smart, girls had to be small, hot, and belittled. Clay never thought he was going to be popular, but as his football career and knowledge grew, he found himself and his best friend Nick, intertwined in it all. Girls were always hitting on him, but he always felt no attachment to them. Though, he did find himself pondering over boys.

This often worried him, as his mother and father weren't too supportive of pride. This only added onto the pressure of being Mr. Perfect, keeping his school reputation high, finding girls to date to prove his parents he was straight, and to add on he needed straight A's in order to get a scholarship from football. It was all too much at times, but he kept it all inside the barriers he built.

He continued to zone in and out until a loud horn from the car behind him shouted at him to pay attention to the now greenlight. Clay looked down at his phone, 3:50pm Nick might be getting worried. Clay paused his thoughts as a notification popped up. As if reading his thoughts, the notification was Nick, obviously worried about Clay. Fine, he sighed turning off the road he was circling around for the last ten minutes, now towards his friend's house.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
And that's the first chapter!! I'm overall really proud of how it came out. I was a little worried since I was having a writers block for the last week or so. Anyways, if you guys liked it or have any suggestions leave it in the comments!
1461 Words, a little short but they'll get longer I'm sure. <3