Snow day!

A couple of weeks passed since Clay's and Simon's ordeal and even if Clay would fall back mentally at times he was getting better. George was happy that the blonde was becoming more outgoing and freer with himself and mistakes as Clay, even before they met, had been very nervous about expressing his emotions.

Today was awfully cold, the previous day it had snowed leaving the town with a whole eight inches of snow in total. This meant a snow day for everyone in the school, which made any kid overly excited, even grumpy teenagers. As for their little friend group, they all met up in the park which was littered with families and other groups of people as they spent the day's break playing in the snow.

A snowball flew through the sky, hitting Clay in the back of the head, "What the fuck! Who did that!?!" he yelled, letting go of George's hand and turning around quick. Everyone looked at each other as if saying, 'wasn't me, was it you?' Clay shook his head, shaking out most of the leftover snow from the small ball. "Oh, come on guys, who was it."

Right then and there, Nick started to book it. Laughing nervously as he did. The rest of the group watched as Clay reached down to grab a decent amount of snow, he started to ball it up into an almost perfect sphere. "Come 'ere, Nick!" Clay started to chase Nick, before using his football skills to throw the snowball.

As if in slow motion, Nick turned around to see how far Clay was away from him. Then, the snowball hit him straight in the face. The whole group broke into laughter, as Nick groaned and wiped the already melted bits of snow off his face, "Ugh, you didn't have to be so ruff, Clay." he whined while he walked back towards everyone.

"Says the person who threw the snowball first." Clay wheezed, grabbing George's hand once again. Nick only sighed and walked over to his lover, Karl.

"Wanna build a snowman, Karl?" he asked while Karl leaned on his shoulders from behind him. Karl giggled and nodded.

"Heck yeah!" Karl practically launched himself off Nick's shoulders and started to gather snow for the base. Darryl and Zak, which made up the rest of the group, were chasing one another, throwing snowballs back and forth. Everyone was happy.

George and Clay walked around the park. Clay was feeling especially goofy today as he jumped up and hit a lower branch full of snow. The snow fell on the both of them causing George to scold Clay, "Clayyy, why would you do that! Now we are both going to be wet and cold." Clay wheezed out his traditional tea kettle laugh.

"Oh come on, you can't handle a little snow?" Clay replied still unable to control his laugh. George just shook his head and rolled his eyes. Then Clay did it again, this time a huge amount of snow came down, covering them both with clumps of snow now. George groaned but couldn't keep a smile off his face as he started to dust himself off.

After they dusted off most of the snow that hadn't melted, they continued to walk around, laughing and joking about things. It wasn't until Karl started to yell out about something, that they returned back to the group.

"Look! Nick and I finished!" Karl went over to the snowman and wrapped an arm around it. When George and Clay finally got to them, they couldn't help but break out into another round of laughter. The snowman was proportionate, but it had uneven arms and a goofy smile made out of pebbles. Even with its traditional snowman look, that wasn't what got Clay and George to laugh. It was the fact that the snowman was wearing a beanie and had little twigs sticking about of the hat, resembling hair. "It's Alex!" Karl was now laughing as well.

"Aww, that's awesome Karl!" Darryl complemented; Zak just joined the groups laughter. They all bantered about for another hour, including another snowball fight which led to Clay tackling Nick.

————————————————

George drove Clay and him to his house after their delightful snow filled adventure. When they got to his place, Clay immediately took his seat on George's bed, while George went to the kitchen to grab some warm hot chocolate with marshmallows to warm them both up.

When George came into his bedroom, he found Clay asleep. He set down their drinks then walked up to Clay. He shook his shoulder, "Clay, wake up. I have our drinks." He was kind of in a conflict when Clay just shrugged his shoulders and fell back asleep. He looks to be tired, maybe I'll just go get something to eat. George thought as he started towards his door but when he looked back at how peaceful Clay was sleeping, he felt a sudden urge to sleep overcome him.

He walked over to the blonde who was lightly snuggled into the covers, and slowly got in them with him. Clay slowly turned over, his eyes drowsily opened and his smile was ever so big, "What?" George scoffed.

"You're so cute." Clay said before grabbing George into a tight grasp. George accepted this and let Clay's warmth tread over him like a light haze in the morning. The slow heartbeat of Clay made George slowly drift off into sleep. Clay noticed George's breathing also slow. He smiled as he never thought, George, out of all people, would be in his arms, comforting him in every way. 

An hour or so later, they were both jolted awake as a knock sounded from George's door. Clay went into instant panic, forgetting he was at George's place for a second. As for George, he drowsily got up from his bed to see who was at his door.

"George, it's almost dinn-" George's mom was stopped dead in her sentence as she looked past George and onto his bed which Clay slept in. She smirked, "And you said you would be 'just friends'."

George rolled his eyes and looked back towards Clay who nervously laughed, "You said we'd only be friends?" Clay asked in fake shock.

"Yeah, I did." George scratched the back of his neck he also cleared his throat, "Anyway, what were you saying, mum?"

At this his mom laughed a little bit, but once she got it together, "Dinner is ready, Clay are you wanting some?" Clay nodded, "Okay come down when you two are ready." She left, still laughing a little bit.

"Ugh, she's so annoying sometimes." George sighed sitting back down with Clay who giggled a little bit, "What?" George now sat in his arms as he wrapped his arms around the brunette.

"I can't believe you said we'd just be friends." Clay's voice wasn't too serious as he laughed after he spoke.

"Oh, that was an excuse. You don't even want to know the crush I had on you." George now joined Clay's lights laughs.

"Had?!" Clay gasped in fake shock.

"Yes had, because now it's no longer a crush." George replied in a calm voice.

"Then what is it." Clay questioned, now sounding genuinely curious.

"A relationship." Clay tightened his grasp around George and gave him a light kiss on top of his head.

And with that they walked out of the bedroom and down the hallway for dinner. Which smelled absolutely amazing to both the boys who hadn't ate lunch that day.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
1256 Words

Sorry it's short but I am absolutely in LOVE  with this chapter!! I love how it turned out!!

But yeah, no more angst (...unless?... no haha I wouldn't.. or would I) I'm quite enjoying the fluffy stuff again haha.
Sadly I'm thinking two more chapters, but I plan on making them good and high quality!! So, hopefully you aren't really left with any questions or are left on a weird ending you know what I mean?

Anyway, if you made it this far into my writing, thank you!!! 700 reads is crazy to me so thank you thank you thank YOU! For reading haha!

Go get some water and food if you haven't already!! Also, have a good night/day!!! <33333