Insecurity

"Clay."

Clay felt a light shove on his shoulder, "Clay!" The shove got more ruff as he tossed and turned a little, "Oh my god, Clay!" this time he was fully shoved off the bed, letting out a big groan.

"What?"

"School starts in like, an hour!" Nick shouted as he got off the bed and started to go through multiple piles of clothing. Clay hummed and rubbed his eyes. Sunday had passed like nothing, though it dragged on and on for Clay. All he could think about was George's message, He added a heart. That can't mean anything. Right? He's just a friend.

"Clay, are you or are you not going to get ready?" Nick slightly teased his taller friend for still slouching on the floor. Clay let out an annoyed sigh and got up, stretching and feeling his bones pop from his deep sleep. He looked through his backpack of fresh clothing, grabbing a green hoodie and some jeans for the outfit of the day.

They rushed to get ready and grab something to eat, now heading out of Nick's house and out to Clay's car. The drive was silent, the quiet hum of the morning radio show that played and the car's revving was the only sound.

Once they arrived at the school, they had only a minute to grab or put away things in their lockers before the bell rang giving them their 5-minute warning to get to class. Nick and Clay ran off in opposite directions towards their classes, where they would be very bored for the next 7 hours. So much fun...

————————————————

The third bell of the day rung, now it was lunch. George was excited, hoping he would run into Clay and hear his American voice at least once today. He entered the commons and skimmed the large room Clay or any of his friends. He couldn't seem to see Clay, but he did see Karl and Nick sitting at a Table that also had a few other boys.

"Hey guys." George said ever so quietly, not used to this group yet.

"AY, GEORGE!" Karl boomed and smiled at George who giggled and smiled back.

"Hey, Gogy!" Nick welcomed in a terrible British accent. George scoffed at the boy before speaking.

"Have you guys seen Clay?" his tone hopeful.

"Oh, I haven't seen him since last period. Pretty sure he went to the bathroom." Nick said his tone of voice bland and calm, "Why? You worried about your boyfriend." George blushed.

"A-what! No." He turned away from the group, flustered and annoyed at Nick for even bringing it up, and made his way to the nearest bathroom. He was worried about Clay but would never admit it to himself or anyone.

He hastily made his way, turning left and right until he finally spotted the blue sign with a male silhouette and the words 'restroom' on it. So, he entered it and skimmed it, only to see that Clay wasn't there. Instead, there was a taller brunette, who was definitely in the football team and was clearly a person of the popular group. George went to go turn around but failed when the larger boy grabbed his arm. He cringed at the boy's grip, wondering what he wanted. Curiosity burned George, so he turned around and looked up at the Jock. "What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing." he said innocently, "Oh wait, there is one thing I wanted to ask you."

"And what is that." George pushed.

"I saw you and Clay at the party on Saturday," he paused as if waiting for a reaction, but George didn't give him the pleasure of one, "and I wanted to double check that you weren't with him... Like you're not together." George felt the heat grow on his face, he tried to pull away, but the Jock's grip was too tight. "So, are you together?" His voice tinged with arrogance.