Known Love

When Clay didn't see George by fifth period, he instantly started to fear for the worst. Did something happen with Simon? Is he hiding away again? Did I mess up? Clay thought, anxiously speeding to his locker to find anyone who may have known what happened with George. When he arrived to his locker Darryl, Nick, and Karl were standing and waiting as they always did since they all shared last period.

"Hey Clay, ready to head to last class?" Karl cheerfully chimed not yet noticing Clay's troubled facial expressions.

"Umm, yeah. Have you guys seen George since lunch?" he spoke carefully, trying to sound not concerned. The three looked at one another, giving each other the look of, 'have you?' before shaking their heads sadly.

"Yeah, no. We haven't seen George at all, sorry." Darryl paused trying to think of what could have happened, "I doubt anything too bad happened. He often did this before." He said comfortingly. Clay nodded, feeling guilt as all he could think about was if Simon did something again and George hiding alone.

"Okay, let's go to class then." Clay sighed and they started their way towards their last class.

During the class, instead of paying attention, he ended up sending George a total of twenty-three messages and an email or two. The messages started with little worry, just asking how George was doing and if he was okay. But as time went on and he still didn't reply, Clay's mind wet into distress.

"And with that, it is now the end of class. Please be ready for your quiz tomorrow! Last day! Goodbye!" the teacher shouted over the commotion of loud students. Clay practically flung himself out of his chair and ran to his friends, which were about to leave the school.

"Guys! Please say you have seen George at least once!" Clay shouted desperately. Sam, Ponk, Punz, and Alex were now with the other three, taking looks at one another in confusion.

"Umm, I'm sorry Clay. I don't think any of us have seen George since lunch." Sam stated, the others nodding in agreement. Clay began to sweat. Where the hell could he be! He thought, scrunching his eyebrows together.

"Clay, calm down. I'll message him and find out where he's been. I'm sure he's okay." Darryl said in an abnormally calm voice. Clay nodded but his overall body language proved he didn't truly believe anything.

"Okay, I-I need to go. Nick? You ready to head to your place?" Nick hugged Karl quickly before he walked out of the building with his anxious, anxiety filled, friend.

((Small TW: Anxiety Attack))

"Clay, it's going to be okay. I'm sure Geor-" Nick tried to calm Clay but was interrupted once they entered the blonde's car.

"No, Nick. You don't understand. You don't know how George has been feeling recently. You don't know," Clay paused taking a deep, shaky breath, "you don't know what he went through with Simon." The normal, bright, green eyes which Clay had, were now filled with tears.

"Clay."

"And-and all I can think is that I could have done something. Like I-I could have told him we could have taken the rest of school off, or maybe-maybe I could have walked him to class."

"Clay, if anything it wasn't your fault. We don't even know what happened. Let Darryl figure it out. Everything will be okay." Nick scolded his panicked friend, "It's okay. It's going to be alright." he relaxed his voice for Clay, after realizing he may have started out too strong.

"But-"

"It's going to be fine." Clay sighed, turning on his car and ignoring what his friend was trying to say to him. He didn't believe it, even if he wanted to.