Confidence was Found

The bell sounded throughout the entire school building, teenagers running out the doors and cheering. School was now over for the summer, making everyone's mood boost. Clay and George had now been dating for just over 6 months and they were very happy together, having nothing worse happened to them since the whole Simon thing.

"Party at my house!!" Karl boasted about, linking arms with both Nick and Alex as they ran around the school parking lot, laughing and goofing off. "Come one, come all!!" The three walked over to Clay and George who were happily chatting about school being done for the summer and their plans.

"Hey you guys coming?" Nick asked a goofy smile on his face.

"No, we are going to go do some stuff." Clay answered giving George a smirk. George just looked at him confused; he was never told they were going to be doing something that day. He was all for the party if he was being entirely honest.

"Is that true, Gogy?" Karl asked turning his head to George who must have looked very questionable at that moment. George was curious to what Clay had planned for them, so he nodded.

"Yeah, Clay and I are going out somewhere." He said in a happy tone, he turned to Clay and reached up to give him a little kiss on the cheek. Clay blushed, still not quite used to showing affection in the public.

Karl, Nick, and Alex shrugged, a little upset they couldn't come to the party, but they would never let that ruin their hyper attitudes.

Even though Clay wanted to go to the party that night, he had different plans. They, hand in hand, ran out the doors of the school. George laughing terribly hard, as Clay kept pulling him faster and faster towards his car "C-Clay! Stop! I can't- I can't breathe!" George yelled at his boyfriend in between laughs.

Clay just kept running, George panting once they arrived at the car. Clay quickly hopped in and waited for George to do the same and buckle. And soon they were off, George didn't know where, but didn't mind as he liked the surprise factor of not knowing.

The drive was quiet, other than the slight hum of the stereo and car engine. Clay and George liked these moments in the car, where everything was at peace and they didn't have to worry about anything as all they needed to focus on was the destination. Clay reached over and rested his hand, open, on the center console. George looked at it and place his slightly smaller hand in his.

George looked up at Clay after doing so, finding a small smile appear on his boyfriend's freckled face. Then Clay looked over at him his small smile widening, "Your so cute." George rolled his eyes but couldn't help but let a big smile invade his own face. You're so cute, George thought as he looked back down at their hands which were tightly linked together.

"Where are we going, Clay." George asked not expecting much of an answer.

"We are going to a place which we haven't been to in a while." Clay answered George, rubbing his thumb across George's knuckles comfortingly. George nodded, still confused but didn't question further.

Pretty soon his question was answered when Clay pulled into the parking lot of a very familiar place. The park. Clay turned off his car before exiting the car and walking over to George's side of the car. "Going to come out?" Clay teased George's slowness. George scoffed and rolled his eyes playfully, getting out of the car as well.

George expected they would be going to their special place at the pond, but instead Clay grabbed his hands and slowed his pace, walking in a different direction of the pond. George tightened his grip on Clay's hands and continued walking along the pathway with the taller.

They walked and walked until they came up to a certain bench which Clay then stopped them at. George looked up at Clay with a look of confusion, but Clay simply just sat down and motioned for George to do the same.

"Do you know why I brought us here George?" Clay asked looking out into the park. The trees were now green, the sun making them more vibrant and cheerier looking. The grass also matched the trees though it was dewy with little drops of water from the sprinklers. George sighed and looked out at the park as well.

"Uh, no I do not." He answered truthfully. To him it was just a bench which anyone could sit at. To him the bench was a seat. To him this place had no significance. Or maybe it did. It just had to be reminded.

"Well, George." Clay paused inhaling the fresh scent of summer, "This is where you confessed. Where we confessed our feelings." George eyes widened in remembrance, he quickly nodded for Clay to continue. He wrapped his arm around George's waist bringing him closer to his chest, George reciprocated by cuddling into Clay's sweater, enjoying the sweet smell of vanilla it held.

"I had no confidence before I met you and with having no confidence, I had terrible anxiety. As you should know." George giggled a little bit and nodded, "I'm so happy I said yes. Like, I had feelings for you too don't get me wrong, but I just constantly thought of what other people's opinions, never my own. You-you have really freed me from that way of thinking, George." Clay's voice cracked near the end, his emotions coming out a little bit harder than he planned. He quickly wiped a tear from his face and looked down at George. "Thank you, G-George."

George looked up at Clay with a sad smile on his face, "Clay, Clay don't cry. I really didn't do that much." George now wrapped his own arms around Clay.

"But you did George. I know I helped you t-too, but you helped me more. Like now I can be c-confident with you and everyone, before I couldn't- I couldn't do that." Clay stuttered out. George tightened his grip and snuggled deeper into the hoodie, he also nodded agreeing with Clay but had no words to say. They sat like that for a long time, until Clay calmed down and they both relaxed into one another.

————————————————

The sun was now about to set, the sky turning a very peachy color and the clouds beginning to set at the horizon. The boys still rested in each other's arms, enjoying each other's presence and love, as they cuddled into one another. This happened often, they'd lose track of time simply by spending quiet time together. They didn't care though, they loved it. Since they both had certain anxieties, it really helped them to have these mindful moments.

Clay sighed and gave George a squeeze, "Look at the sunset. Isn't it pretty?" George began to erupt into laughter, "What?" Clay asked looking down at George, clearly very confused.

"Clay, I- I'm colorblind!" Clay suddenly remembered, joining George's laughter. Then he remembered a thought he had a while back, I wonder what the beautiful orange and pink sunsets would look like if they sat on a hill watching it set, welcoming the night.

"Oh, that's right!" Clay wheezed out, "Does it still look pretty?" He laughed out the question though it was genuine.

"Yeah, but just because you're here." George gave Clay a flirty smile, causing the blonde to erupt into harsher wheezes.

"Yeah, yeah." Clay rolled his eyes before giving George a kiss and then returning his gaze on the warm, golden light of the sun.

At that moment, he felt the most confidence and happiness in his life. After being so hyper aware and couscous of others, his confidence dwindled. Now, here with George, he was comfortable and confident with himself.

His confidence was found. His confidence was George.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
1333 Words

And that's a wrap! This is the last chapter, last part of this book. Man, it felt so weird closing the Word Document haha. I hope I come back to it later on and edit it or even just read it you know haha. But for now it will just stay closed.

I really really hope you guys enjoyed the book!! I really enjoyed writing it and I do plan on continuing to write!

I will be taking a break as I wrote this book non stop for almost 2 and half months haha. But I plan on writing some one shots which will be fun!!

Anyway!! That's the end!! Votes and comments are always appreciated!! And thank you again for reading I know I say that a lot, but seriously it does keep me going!!

Have a good night or day!! Go get some water and some snacks (especially if you binge read this. It's freaking 5 hours long so please so get some water and food lol).

THANK YOU!!!!!