Coffee

Another week passed by like a breeze and it was the weekend before the first day of winter break, which everyone was excited for. This somewhat tied into something which was coming up very soon. It would be George and Clay's first month of being together. They could hardly believe that a month passed by so quickly, but none mentioned it to the other yet.

"Karl, I don't want to paint my nails!" Nick whined as Karl went to go grab some nail polish. They were at Karl's place warming up after a long walk in the winter weather, "Karrlll." Karl came back into the living room with a basket full of nail polishes of many colors.

"Look, you can take off the nail polish later but it's worth a try." George and Clay watched the two bicker while on the couch, cuddled up in a blanket. Clay sat up a little bit and nodded his head at what Karl had said.

"Yeah, Nick it's worth a try." Nick glared at Clay while he just laughed. "Oh, come on. I'll try it as well. How about that?" George could tell Clay was a little nervous as well but didn't say anything since he too didn't want to paint his nails.

"Yeah! Clay will do it. Now you have no choice but to do it. Come on, come closer to the coffee table." Nick rolled his eyes but did in fact scoot closer to the small table that sat between the couch and TV on the wall.

Clay and Nick rummaged through the bin of nail polishes before each picking their colors. George watched as Karl began to paint his own nails purple and white before moving closer to Nick to help paint his. Nick chose black and when put onto his nails, it didn't look half bad. He looked uncomfortable though. As for Clay, he chose an emerald green which for George looked yellow like Clay's eyes.

After putting on the nail polish, Clay looked at his hands then showed George, "What do you think?" George looked at them, he actually quite liked the look on Clay.

"They look good, Clay." Clay's face lit up as he came back over to the couch. George snuggled up close to him again, the warmth feeling nice as the house was kind of cold. Karl grabbed the TV remote after helping Nick clean off his nails.

"Wanna watch a movie or something? I can make popcorn." Karl asked excitedly. The whole group nodded and that's what they did for the next hour or so.

————————————————

When the movie was over, George and Clay had to return home, Nick technically had too also but was able to convince his mom to let him stay at Karl's. "Bye guys!" the two yelled into the house in unison as they shut the door and rushed into Clay's car. The bitter cold nipping at their arms through their sweaters.

"Well, that was quite fun." Clay noted once they got into their car, he turned it on and the cold caused the engine to sputter awake. There was a light dusting of frost on the windshield as well, which got wiped away with one swipe from the windshield wipers.

"Agreed. Though, the movie was kinda scary. I hate horror." George said back while turning on practically all the heaters in the car he could. Clay laughed and started driving off towards George's house. He held the brunette's hand while steering with the other.

Even on the coldest of nights, the moon shown bright, reflecting on all the black ice which may be hiding. The trees were layered in frost and ice, some icicles remained from the melting snow. Clay was one who never really liked the cold, even if it was fun to play in, he just flat out hated it. As for George, he loved the cold, the aesthetic and feeling, felt so refreshing compared to the summer heat or humid fall. Plus, you always had the spring to look forward to.

The drive was pretty silent, there was some small talk about how icy the roads were but other than that there was a comfortable quiet which lingered in the car.