A Break

George was so unsettled about the situation. They hadn't done anything wrong; George simply was just there. As a friend. The car's engine rumbled as slight raindrops began to fall from the growing storm. Hopefully Clay's okay, George found himself thinking.

Is this where his confidence issues came from? From his dad? Confused, the brit decided to stop thinking about it for now and talk to Clay later. He arrived at his home and was welcomed by the warmth of his mom's cooking in the kitchen. "Hey mom." he waved into the kitchen. His mom returned the greeting, "Dinner should be ready in ten." she warned as He made his way to his room.

He laid in his bed pondering what had happened between Clay and him that day. Not the whole father situation, but before. The way his hand grasped my chin and pulled so quickly, so intimately, so, so gently. His gaze relaxed yet full of dominance, he knew he had full control over me at that second, yet he didn't do anything. His yellow toned eyes were layered in so many emotions. Confidence showing most, anxiety coming second, and fear hidden so deeply that someone could spend hours looking for it,

but George found it immediately.

George felt himself growing warm, butterflies flying around in his stomach. He knew from there on that Clay and he would be good friends, but George wanted more. He wanted to have Clay as his own. He wanted Clay to bring him into a hug. This will never happen though. We haven't even learned enough about each other. How could Clay be gay? He's dated so many girls. George knew this since Clay's family literally had pictures of him and girls hugging or partially kissing in photos. Though, Clay never looked as happy as he did today. Today, Clay's face showed true happiness that shown so bright it could blind someone within seconds.

"Dinner, George." He heard his mom state from the other room.

"Coming!" George shouted as he bounced off his bed and walked happily out his room.

————————————————

Clay arrived at Nick's and brought his suitcase and backpack to the door and knocked lightly. Nick opened the door cheerfully but then scanned his taller friend. He looked at the suitcase and then back up at Clay, a frown of disquietude showing clear on his face. "I'll explain later, I need a break." Clay stated after taking notice of his quiet friend.

Clay ate dinner with Nick's family, enjoying being with the comfort of his parents. Dinner was quite tasty as well, spaghetti with meatballs, delicious. After dinner, Clay helped put away dishes to distract himself from the previous events.

Pretty soon both boys found themselves in Nick's messy room in silence, just casually looking at their phones. Nick broke the silence first, "Clay," he paused and waited for his blonde-haired friend to look up from his phone, "can you tell me what happened." His voice sounded nervous to hear what would soon come from the green-eyed boy.

Clay took a breath in and began. He explained how George made him feel confident and free, he elaborated on how they were sitting on his bed laughing at simple jokes which mainly consisted of George's colorblindness. He did however skip the best part, where he took George's face into his hands, but that didn't play into the plot at the moment. He rambled on and on about the brit, smiling about every little thing that reminded him of the new friend, Nick listened for a while until he interrupted, "That's not what I wanted to hear, but I'm happy for you, man." Nick smiled at the now confused blonde.

"Oh, you wanted to hear about. Oh." Nick simply nodded, the whole mood which surrounded them now turned back into an anxious cloud. "He-my dad," Clay began, "He yelled at me in front of George. He was nice enough to let George out of the house before he began to call me slurs," the blonde paused letting go of a breath he didn't know he was holding, "After he kicked me out and told me I could come back after I had a wife." Nick winced as clay said this, using the knowledge of knowing Clay's parents being tuff on Clay and the new information of Clay coming out to sympathize with his friend.

"I'm so sorry, Clay. I will talk with my mom about you staying. She'll probably want an explanation, but if you don't want me to tell her about this, I'll let you when your ready." Clay nodded before taking his friend into a warm hug. They sat there for a while until Clay's phone began to buzz. He broke the comforting hug to grab his phone, which was littered in notifications from his mom.

Clay?

Where are you?

Please let me know?

You don't have to come home tonight, but please come back soon.

Clay?

Clay only sighed and typed in a simple answer to all of his mother's concerns.

Hi, I'm okay. I'm at Nick's and will be staying here for a while. PLEASE, talk to dad. I didn't mean to invite someone over without permission, sorry. Love you. <3

————————————————
((TW: Homophobia))

His mom read the text throughly. What in the world did my husband do now? She thought as she walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where her husband sat. "Hun?" She began Clay's father raising his  head to face her, "What happened with Clay, today?"

"He invited a boy over. I found them on Clay's bed, gazing into each other's eyes like they could kiss at any moment." He paused trying to recall the event, "I will admit that I may have gone harder than normal, but I will not allow my son to be... gay." At this his mother had to decide.

Does she argue with her husband, or does she give in with that?

"I actually don't mind if he dates a boy. What's wrong with it?" She hesitated but let herself speak her opinion.

"What's wrong with it? Really? You don't see the issue?" She stared blankly at the man who spoke like she was dumb.

"No, I'm being serious. What is wrong with being gay?"

"Well-uh- they can't carry the family name to children," Clay's father paused trying to come up with some other reason, "Everything, okay? Everything is wrong." At this he shut off the TV which had been playing the news. "I'm going to bed." he grumbed.

His mom had won an argument. She felt so good about standing up for her boy, but was feeling guilty at the same time. She wished she had confronted her husband before all this, Clay would have been happy. He would feel less pressured. Next step for her would be to confront her husband about pushing Clay, but first she needed to persuade the man that being gay is okay. That would come with time, but for now this was a good start.

————————————————

Back to Clay, he was given the bed while Nick took the floor that night. Even in the comfy, warm bed, sleep was just not a thing. The next day was friday, meaning one more day of school. Yay, Clay thought weakly. He kept his mind positive, thinking about school and how he could possibly have a break from the pressure his parents placed onto him. Just thinking of this, took what felt like fifty pounds of bricks off of his shoulders. I can have... a break! His mind immediately caught on and gave him a large confidence boost, A break.

Then he thought even more positively, With this break, I can finally have fun! I can get to know George more, go party with Nick and my other friends, I can also focus on football a little more because I don't have to think about ten other things.

As his happy thoughts continued, sleep came by quickly as he smiled dumbly.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
1338 words! Double chapter day lol!!
So I take my words back, I'm not gonna have the party chapter for a little bit as I do want these chapters to be around 1,500-3,000 words and if I had the school day and the party all in this one chapter it would be way too long.
Also, I quite like how I'm doing the chapters! Like, one full of drama then one filler/ elaboration chapter next. I think I like it since it Kinda relaxes your brain haha. Anywaysss, next chapter should be decent but probably more of a filler but oh well haha.