I'm Back

The day went by awfully slow, dragging George down surely but slowly. Each day just seemed like a never-ending loop to him without Clay. He found himself slowly returning to his past self, going up to the library and ignoring friends. He didn't mean to, but he just felt lonely. He watched Darryl and Zak begin their new relationship foster, while he only felt jealousy. George wanted to be in Darryl and Zak's shoes, forever in love and happy with Clay. He had been growing further away from Clay ever since their late-night call, but this is all that came with being lonely for George. Instead, of talking and enjoying new friends to cope, he would single himself out just making himself more depressed.

He was now in his third period class, begging for that annoying ring to signal lunch hour. When it finally did, George sluggishly made his way out of the classroom and towards the library. On his way all he could think about was Clay, I wonder when he will be back. I don't know if I can go another day without his happy warmth that crawls onto my cheeks. I was just beginning to be confident with him as well. UGH. George was starting to become annoyed with this tedious voice that echoed inside his brain. Just begging for Clay's grasp to be around his sides, comforting him and loving him for who he was.

He reached the same, old, dusty, library. Met with the same old librarian which waved to him every lunch he came. He waved back and without much thought began to skim the hallways of books for a good, yet short book that would distract his mind. He came across one which etched a small smirk onto his face. It was the same book which he saw on the day he met Clay properly, the book with the two men who grasped onto one another. He missed that day, when they were both shy and flustered to be around one another. But George continued to look at all the different books with the dumb smile on his face. He finally landed on one which looked to be a romance poem book, which he figured would be quick and interesting to read through.

George read through the poems, finding himself getting more and more emersed into each one. He was so deep in fact that he was able to free his mind from Clay, George snapped back into reality when he realized the blonde no longer echoed through his mind. Was I really this desperate? George now panicked slightly; he didn't want to forget about Clay. He loved him either as a friend or as a crush and forgetting him would kill George.

————————————————

Clay was finally back at school. He found it interesting on why he was brought back midway through the week, but he couldn't give a crap. He was going to find George as quick as he humanly could and give him the biggest hug. Though when he arrived, he didn't see George at his locker or at their group's main table. Clay sadly made his way through his classes being impatient to see the brunette. All he wanted was to see the boy.

Third period finally came by, passing just as slowly as the previous classes. Clay nonchalantly tapped his leg on and off the carpeted floor, earning him several stares as his impatience and anxiety grew. What if George got bullied again? What if he's sick. What if I messed something up? All these repeating thoughts were thrown away as the bell began its obnoxious ringing. I need to find him.

He ran through the crowds of chatting teens, pushing and shoving to reach the commons. But, when he arrived, he was washed with dread when he saw everyone except the British boy he wanted to see ever so badly.

"Hey guys!" Clay shouted out for everyone's attention at the table. Nick and Alex being the first to look up, hearing the anxious tone in his usually peppy voice.

"Yeah? What's up man?" Nick looked up at his friend showing concern. Clay wanted to roll his eyes at his friend's worry, but physically couldn't since everyone's eyes were now on him.

"Have any of you seen George today?" he paused looking around at the group who paid full attention to Clay's needs now, but none had seemed to have a clue, "Anyone?"