CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR(CONCLUSION)

I wheezed past Ryan and made my way to his bed...He looked pretty much surprised to see me..

"Why are you back here...so early?...Mom didn't come home?"He asked,settling beside me on the bed.

"She came home...and she..."I stopped to stifle back angry tears..."she saw the hickey and she got mad at me...I mean,I understand how she feels as a mother,I'm only 16 and already having things but I am not human and she doesn't understand that...she said hurtful things about you,about Oceania and my mother"I wiped at the stray tears,frustrated at myself for loosing control over my tear gland

"Babe,that's nothing to get mad about...you should've explained to her"Ryan said calmly and I looked up at him.

"I did...but she kept going on about my mer-existence being archaic and insensible...all of that hurt"I replied in a small voice.

He put his arm around me to pull me close...kissing my hair repeatedly.My phone rang and I instinctively knew it was Mom so I didn't bother to check.

"Pick up the phone"Ryan said,pulling the phone out of my jeans pocket.

"Its Mom"I replied simply.

"Pick it"He said and I shook my head.."I don't wanna hear any more hurtful things that has to do with my shoal...she already said enough"I said and rose from his arms.

"Are you mad at her?"Ryan asked and I stared fixedly at him...

"You shouldn't be...she's just confused and maybe angry but you can't blame her..."He said and rose from the bed,pulling me into his embrace...He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me close,tilting my head to make me look in his eyes.

"You know real well that no one could ever separate us but your mom does not understand...she's only trying to protect you in a way best known to her...you shouldn't be mad at her,babe...she's been a fantastic mom to you,she raised you"He kissed my forehead and I heaved,turning away.

"I'll call her then"I said resignedly.

"I think you should go home to her...sort things out and maybe I'll come see tonight...I'll drop you off"He said and I mouth-blew air.

"You going somewhere?”i asked as he hurriedly grabbed a jacket from the chair facing the dresser.

"Balt called me about the border reinforcement...we only just won the war against Lisette,we don't know what else is to come...we have to be ready"He said,shrugging on the jacket.

"Let me come with you"I offered,slipping on my shoes.

"No babe,go home to your mom...Balt and I will handle this"He countered.

"But babe,I'm the princess...I should be there..."I persisted,he grabbed his car keys and left the room with me trailing behind.

We both got in the car,I still tried to persuade him but he firmly insisted that I got home to Mom...I gave up and slouched resignedly in my seat...After minutes of quiet driving,he pulled up in front of my house and I made to alight,he pulled me back and gave me a silly grin..

"You're not mad at me,are you?"He said softly,I could see he was teasing me by the way his ocean blue eyes twinkled...

I couldn't help chuckling,I stroked the rough stubble on his cheek,admiring my man.

"I do whatever you please"I teased back and he sniggered mischeviously..

"Oh yeah??"He raised a brow..