CHAPTER ELEVEN

REDDINGTON'S POV

I staggered up,my gaze trailed hatefully on Ryan and Azure's retreating figure...I straighten up in acute pain and grabbed a bottle of water from my backpack...I opened and drank some...my body gleamed lightly and I huffed,waiting for the healing process to end...

Yes,I am a mer-prince!

After what seemed like eternity,I completely healed and I straightened fully...I was about to search for Ryan and Azure when I saw him speed past...

To be honest,Ryan is the strongest motherfucking mer-warrior that I've seen in all my life.Rumors have it that he's the descendant of the Greek god,Hercules

Not that I believe any of that shit but each time I have a face off with Ryan,my ass always gets flattened...he's damn strong..

But that doesn't account for him trying to steal Azure from me...I mean,I loved her first...I made the first move the first day I met her.
OK,maybe I did it the wrong way but I just really love her...or want her...whatever!

I stopped in my tracks when Azure turned out of a corner...alone.
Yes! This is my chance...I stride towards her in full glide when she suddenly went on her knees and she screamed!...

I was thrown backwards with the impact,I watched her scream endlessly and crackle of lightning surrounded her...the bulb exploded in deafening blows and the electrical wires exploded out of the wall...

Lockers flew open and the books inside poured right out,the lightning rose with her then the building began to shake...I wasn't going to wait to see the outcome if she looked up and saw me so I bolted...

As I sped through town,towards the ocean...it dawned on me and I found myself grinning...

Azure is the princess my shoal has been waiting to destroy...

*******

I swim slowly into the palace,the guards on the outer floor told me that the queen;my mother was in the volcanic temple...

My shoal,Aquafina,has been at loggerheads with Oceania for past a decade...we wanted nothing but the trident at first but now that we have it,we want to capture the whole of Oceania...turn them all into octopus to build a army,large enough to defeat the rest of the six mer-cities.

The ocean is inhabited by seven mer-cities that hold a boundary share of the seven seas...Oceania used to be the strongest shoal...thus,their name.
The ocean's first child.

Blue eyes,blue hair,blue tail,blue everything that just disgusts me...well,until I met Azure..

Of course,the protectors know that I am Aquafina's mer-prince but I hold no threat against them or so they think...I don't blame them anyway...

Queen Lisette;my mother has always made the shoal believe that I am not competent enough to handle any important dealings in the shoal so she fake-banished me and now she governs alongside my little sister,Chantelle...

Chantelle and I grew up together but she's way stronger than I am...she had a crush on Ryan once but Ryan turned her down,which is why she trains so hard to defeat him and make him beg for his life...She wants to trample his ego in the dust.

Let's see what she makes of my new discovery....Azure is here and Ryan is besotted with her

Classic!

I was stopped by the guards at the entrance of the volcanic temple...

"No one's allowed in...."The bulky one intoned,not looking at me.