CHAPTER TWENTY

Pain...and pain...more pain...only pain...sinking deep into my stomach..I groaned,my head felt light and my body seemed to burn...the pain was inexplicable...I wanted help,from anyone...just save me...

"She's shifting in and out of the daze"I heard someone say,the voice sounded faraway...as if it came from the stars...
Even in the hazy darkness that I was floating,everything felt great,except for the pain...I do not have anything to worry about.

Most of my life has been tearful and depressing,no one loves me...they're only in my life because they don't have a choice...I was forced on Mom,Ryan had to love me because I'm his mate...even him rejected me at first...my protectors only stay around because,well,they're my protectors.

Here in the darkness,I don't have to please anyone....I could stay here and be at peace forever...No one needs me,I have killed their enemy so now they can live in peace...We can all choose a different path,this is mine...

Alone,at peace...floating in an endless sea of darkness...my imaginations bring me all I want to see...all I've ever wanted;love.

No one out there loves me but in here,the darkness shelters me...it guides me...it protects me...that sounds like somebody I know...

Balt!

I do have a reason to live,to fight the darkness...my brother...No! There's Sandy...He has Sandy...he doesn't need me.

A reason is all I need,a reason to live but I've found none...The pain intensified and I yearned more than ever for healing....

"Heal me,please..."I screamed out but I doubt if anyone could hear me.

"Help me"I cried out....no one...

I guess I could as well harbor the pain forever...I would die slowly,knowing to well that I had saved them but no one was willing to save me.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

RYAN'S POV

"Why can't I feel the pain she's going through?"I asked the Queen...

"The dagger was cursed,no one but the one who was stabbed can suffer the pain"The queen explained and I wiped the tears off my face for the umpteenth time.

"There has to be a way...a potion or elixir...anything to heal her,please"I pleaded with the queen who looked lost and anxious.

"We have tried all,Ryan...she has to snap out of it...she has the power to heal herself but she just hasn't realized it...she ought to be fine by now but it seems the daze is holding her down"The queen replied and I squeezed my eyes shut...it took me a while to calm my breath and blink back the hot tears brewing in my eyes.

"I understand how you feel,Ryan...we all do...She's important to all of us...She is my daughter...I have longed to have her back all my life...she was taken away from me at birth...I lost my mate on the same day...You see,my life hasn't been the best...I have no hope of seeing my mate again but I do have hope that Azure will come back,she will heal.."The queen said and I burst into tears...

My heart felt extremely heavy and I grasped my hair in my hands...The queen left the room with the rest of the protectors...Only Balt stayed back,he was staring into Azure's face.

"You know,I just miss how innocent her smile is...have you seen it?...when I kiss her on the head?...she is everything I have...I literally live for her...."Balt said and chuckled with tears in his eyes.

"Fuck!"I growled,allowing the tears to fall freely.I wring my hands together,trying to imagine the feel on her small hand in mine.

I try to remember the silky feel of her hair when I brush my finger through it,I try to remember the sound of her laughter...the look in her eyes while delirious...her babyish anger issues...I want her back,more than ever.

This has nothing with her being my mate,she is the only girl who completes me;her innocence,her strength,her positivity,her vibes...Azure...

"There has to be something we can do!"I cried,looking directly at Balt.

"I know...I just don't know what it is"Balt replied,he looked pretty helpless.

"Perhaps a spell..."I suggested and his eyes lighted up.

"That might help...but what kinda spell?"he asked and I shrugged.

"We should ask the queen or Corrina..."I suggested.

"Its worth a try"

I move closer to where Azure laid and ran my thumb over her cheeks...familiar sparks shot up my arm and my eyes brimmed at the memory....

"I love you ,Azure...this has nothing to do with mateship...you are my source happiness,my purpose..Baby,if you can fight it...please do...they all say you can do it so please do it...My life is meaningless without you,Azure..."I broke down in tears,unable to continue...I silently prayed to whoever it is that answers prayers...

"Please,bring her back to me...help her to find her way...if you bring her back,I promise I won't ask for anything else as long as I live"

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
AZURE'S POV

Sparks!...yes,I feel the spark burn through the flesh on my face...my face heated from the impact...

My mate!

Ryan is out there,he's waiting for me...I moved my eyeballs behind closed eyes,I just know that I have to do this...I blinked my eyes open and I found myself in a bluey bright room,the decoration was amazing,bluey too but exquisite...

I pushed myself up from the bed and the pain seared through my stomach...I brushed off the pain as placed my feet on the ground...I walked pain-stakingly towards the doorway...

I eased out of the room and looked around my new surroundings...no one was in sight...I looked up at the bright dome...then it became brighter and soon,a burst of cloud descended and stopped right in front of me..

The cloud dispersed slowly and there was a extremely beautiful woman standing before me...her crown was a simple diamond headband that held her long hair in place...she had on a gorgeous white shimmering dress...and bracelet that reached on to her fingers...her eyes were like buttery cloud,no pupil...just gray-white.

"Do not fear,young one"She smiled and I nod,my head filled with different thoughts and questions.

"Come with me now,we have a lot to catch up on"She said and stretched out her hand for mine,I took her hand and she smiled genuinely at me.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes...but who are you?"I asked and she smiled again.

"Hera"

Am sorry for the late update...writer's block is a bitch!...
Well,here it is and I'm grateful as always for the increased votes and reads...
Thank you💖

Don't forget to check out my other story(Dove;the swan maiden)