CHAPTER SEVEN

I wiped my face and slowed my breathing,I couldn't quite place why I was getting so hypertensive so I pulled out my phone to call Mom...

She picked up on the second ring

"Hey baby,you're OK?"

"Yeah,I just need to hear your voice"I said,calming my tone to sound steady

"Aww...my baby that cares so much about Mommy.I'm fine,Azure...please concentrate at school...I love you
I gotta go" She said and I smiled genuinely...

"OK mommy,I love you too"

I hung up and pocketed my phone.I took a deep breath and headed out of the bathroom...as I closed the door behind me,I saw Sandy turn...she looked worried.she moved closer to me and said with a smile on her face.

"I'm sorry if my friends are a little creepy but you have to stick with us...you'll be safer with us than with any other person in this school,trust me"

I stared at her,unable to understand properly...

"Why do you think I stand a better chance of survival with your clique?"
I asked....and she grabbed my hand,pulling my towards the library again.

"Let's talk with the others,shall we?"

"OK"I whispered audibly and was quiet throughout the 2mins walk to the library.

She led me back to same table and the whole clique shot me wide smiles,as if planned...

"Let us introduce ourselves to her,shall we?....she knows me already and I even know her Mom"Sandy said to the rest,still smiling
.I began to relax around them...they looked pretty harmless and maybe being in a clique would save me from bullies like Reddington especially now that I know how much Ryan scares him.

"I'll go first"...one of the twin girls giggled excitedly...while her sis rolled her eyes

"I'm Corrina Jordan and this..."she pointed to her sis "is my twin sister,Colleen"

I smiled "Nice"

"Hi,am Cyan"A guy with black hair said and I turned his way,sending him a sincere smile.

"He's my boyfriend" Corrina said and my mouth formed a "o" in realization.

"I'm Cobalt" A very handsome one said,he looked kinda rugged...not bad but unruly and I sort of like that.I like him already.

"And he's my boyfriend"Sandy interjected,I shot her a smile..not a sincere one tho...

"A'ight,nice to meet you all..."

"You haven't met me..."Ryan said,he was smirking

"I think I have or I could just guess"I said and shrugged

"Why not just ask?"He countered

"Because its pretty obvious...you are Ryan and Colleen is your girlfriend"

I notice his features darken and he eyed me...

"You see?...you're wrong...this is why you should never jump into conclusions...this hoe right here is not my girlfriend"He stated and relaxed further in his chair...

Colleen lunged for him and Balt held her back...

"You wanna play,bastard?...let's play!..."Colleen half-screamed.

I was utmostly baffled because I had thought that they were all friends...I made to talk when the bell rang and we dispersed..

Sandy held out her hand for mine and I took it,I shot Ryan a last glance and he winked at me...my heart lurched and I left the library with Sandy.