CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I sat up in bed,the pain was almost gone now but my limbs still felt numb...I groaned and turned around in bed to see Ryan sleeping peacefully,I ran my fingers gently through his hair and his eyes opened.

"Baby"He grunted and pulled me into his arms...I smiled in pure joy as his hair tickled my face to my neck....

"Why are still asleep?"I asked and he grunted again,I could feel him inhaling my scent.

"We had to do an all-night for security purposes...we all stayed awake,we thought the nixies might attack again"He explained and I was surprised by their selflessness...He slowly went back to sleep so I stepped out of his arms and made it to the kitchen.

Yeah...Ryan's house and the rest of the protectors were asleep to...I quietly went to the kitchen to cook...I decided to make pancakes and at the end,they came out right...

I turned to see Colleen standing by the door,still rubbing her eyes and yawning...she walked over and she saw the food...

"Wow Azure,you are a life saver...I'm starving!"She said and hugged me...I smiled involuntarily...she took the plate from me and settled down to eat.

The house suddenly buzzed alive as the rest woke up too and came down to eat...Gregory was on a trip with Ryan's dad and his brothers...I know Ryan stayed back on purpose to protect me..

Talk about the best boyfriend ever!

We all sat to eat,quietly for a while before Sandy broke the silence.

"Azure,are you OK?...are you sure you're in the right frame of body to fight?"She asked and I smiled,nodding.

"We can't take chances"Corrina said and I looked at her...she looked worried,they all looked worried.I dropped my fork and looked at them.

"Guys listen,I always bounce back real quick from whatever pain so you don't have to worry and also,fighting these nixies...is all I've got to do,right?"I asked.

"Not all...you have to fight,possibly kill the queen of Aquafina...but we don't know how"Cyan replied and I exhaled sharply,my heart was thudding.

"Maybe we should ask mother...we're going to Oceania after breakfast"I professed and they agreed...

I suddenly felt bad for them...it shouldn't be like this...they have plans too,I shouldn't have to make them do all these things but in a sense,I wasn't making them do it...they've been doing it before my arrival.

"And another thing,"I paused and they turned to me."I really appreciate all of you for helping me...I cant do nothing without you guys..."

They smiled and I wiped at the stray tears running down my cheeks.

"I can hardly wait for this to be over...I want us all to live normal lives free of wars and constant fear"I added,smiling.

"Me too"they chorused.

"Thats why we need to go to Oceania and find out Lisette's weakness"Colleen said and I agree.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
REDDINGTON'S POV

I just could not stand the thought that my sister was about to get herself killed in the dumbest way.So I left the temple in search for her...

"Chantelle,please I need to talk to you"I said quietly.

She was done addressing the armies consisting of mermen,nixies and octopus...pretty sloppy but they were all excellent warriors.

"What is it,brother...are you done sulking?"She taunted but I ignored.

"Chantelle,you are underestimating Azure...you haven't seen her fight,I know it sounds fictional but she's extremely powerful..."