CHAPTER THREE

She staggered out of the cab,very sour and obviously in a rotten mood...she made her way to the porch and,almost swaying.She unlocked the door and walked in,carelessly dragging her hand bag on the floor,behind her and walked to the kitchen...she hurriedly foraged for what to eat,she ended up with sandwich and iced tea...

After dinner,she sat in the living room,watching TV when she heard a soft tap on the door...She hissed angrily and made for the door,she flung it open and found no one at the door...she rolled her eyes and face palmed as she moved forward to have a further overlook of the yard...her leg hit a "certain something" and she looked downwards...

She almost jumped at the sight,she stooped to uncover the content beneath the white silk cloth...After doing the sign of the cross,she snatched off the silk material and gasped,staring wide eyed at the frail baby in the coral bead basket...

"Oh my God!...who in the name of fuck left me their fucking baby?..."She hissed angrily,the baby started to move and she put a finger to hers...the tiny baby shivered...

She picked up the basket and turned back into the house,she locked the door behind her.Then she set the basket down on the sofa and eased the baby out of it,she wounded her sweater around the baby and held her to her own chest...Tears brimmed her eyes as the baby began to squirm and let out a chill cry....she was utterly confused as she tried in vain to get her quiet...when she finally drifted off to sleep,Katrina placed her down gently on the sofa and grabbed the basket...in hope to find any clue on who dropped the baby..and thankfully,she found a note..

"I'm sorry for leaving my baby...especially to you but I couldn't find a much better human,Katrina...You are the only one I can trust with my baby.
I had to bring her to you because it would be plain dangerous to let her stay in Oceania...I understand if you're confused but I need you to know that Azure is a Mermaid princess"

Katrina stopped reading for a while...she blinked numerously as if to wake herself from the trance...she bit down hard on her lower lip as different thoughts swarm through her head,all at once
"Why would anyone think her worthy of taking care of a baby when she couldn't even take care of herself!...and the motherfucker said the baby is a mermaid princess...amazing!marvelous!outstanding!...just what she needs!"

Tears pooled her eyes as she steeled herself to read the rest if the note...

"Do not allow her near seawater until she's eighteen for it is until then she would be able to control her powers...I believe strongly in you,Katrina so I'm entrusting Azure in your care...cater for her like your own...raise her courteously and when she's sixteen,she'll have to go to America,there she'll find her protector and her destiny will ta...."

The rest of the note was wet and had torn off

"Shit!" She muttered,"why didn't the motherfucker just take her baby to some other people in America who had a good heart...why does it have to be me!?"

She broke down in tears...she couldn't reject the baby...not when she already knows her secret...but she sure as hell could put her up her adoption...

So the next 3 months was filled with meeting up with adoption agencies,looking for adoptive families but they all rejected Azure...it went on like that for so long...when Azure turned 1,she stopped trying to push her out to families and adopted her fully...

Heyyyyy my lovely readers,I really hope you understand how Katrina got Azure now...
Please guys,the pictorial description is a mere description...
Its not their(the pictures used)'s real life story...please take note of that...thank you
Keep reading and don't forget to vote😘