Princess of distruction

"What are you doing here?" Skylar said in one tight breath. Nebula stood up with raised hands.
"I just want...to talk," Nebula admitted. Dr. Strange finally stood up from the steps leading upstairs and cleared his throat.
"Sky," he said. Skylar eyes fluttered in shock.
"You knew she'd be here?" Skylar snapped.
"Listen, after everything that's happened. Gamora and I, before she...died were able to build a trust between us. I think I'd want that for us, little sister," Nebula said. This wasn't the old Nebula that stood before her. This wasn't the one that took cheap shots during practice to impress Thanos. She was different.
"I've had a long night. I'm going to bed," Skylar marched past Strange and stomped up the steps. Nebula flopped back onto the couch and picked up another bag of cheese puffs.
"I'll talk to her in the morning," Strange said, "and buy her another bag of cheese puffs. Those are her favorite."

In her room, Skylar wanted to hold onto the butterflies from her "kiss" from Johnny but it was dying fast. She shrugged off her hoodie and it snagged on one of the bolts in her arm. Frustrated she unscrewed the arm from her shoulder and tossed it on the floor. Pacing back and forth she held in her sobs. A soft knock on the door snapped her out of her self pity.
"Skylar calm down," Strange said sitting on her bed.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Skylar cried.
"I called you three times and texted you. Where's your phone?" Strange asked. Skylar sniffed swatting at her pants pockets and her hoodie.
"I can't find it. I could have sworn I took it with me." She said frantically to herself.
"Ok, ok, let's focus on one thing at a time. Nebula just wanted to check in on you. She's your sister—."
"No she's not—."
"Yes, she is. Whether you want to admit it or not! You both lost a sister, a grew up together facing the same struggles. I'm sure she was there for you in the past,"
"They both left me on that ship with Thanos. I was alone and I was stuck to deal with him," Skylar bit her trembling lip. Strange engolfes her in his arms quickly.
"It's ok," he said soothingly.
"The last thing Nebula said to me before leaving was that we weren't sisters and we were adopted. Sisters don't say that too each other," Skylar couldn't figure out what she was rambling about. Words just kept coming.
"Take a couple deep breaths." Strange said holding her tighter. Once Skylar controlled her hiccups and sobs she pulled away.
"Are you ok?" Strange asked.
"Yes, I'll go talk to her," Skylar quickly pulled away and briskly exited her room.
"Skylar hold on just a second." Strange started behind her. Skylar jogged down the steps and Nebula sat patiently. When she saw Skylar she stood.
"Listen, I can't blame you Lamoia I—." Nebula's head snapped to the side as Skylar's fist connected with her chin.
"Skylar!" Strange grabbed her holding down her one arm. Nebula slowly looked back at her sister.
"If this were the past I would have knocked you on the ground before you could blink you little brat. You need to grow up and realize I'm not here to fight you," Nebula quickly left the house. Skylar felt the guilt swelling in her chest. Why did I do that? She thought repeatedly as she sunk to the floor. Without warning she let out a blood curdling scream that caused Strange to let her go immediately and double back. Then in the blink of an eye Skylar's body fell through the wooden floors and a thump sounded from the basement.

Author's note: Hello all! I hope everyone is doing splendid! Please stay safe and keep your heads high.  I know times are tough right now but it's temporary! Better days are on the way! 😊

P.S.  I tried doing a fan art of Lamoia. Thought you all would enjoy it. ☺️