Sick + Delusional

MJ sat on the edge of Skylar's bed looking around as Skylar got dressed in the bathroom.

"What do your parents do again?" MJ yelled. Skylar came out in ripped high waisted jeans, band tee, and black converses. She twirled around and posed. Something that she learned from a movie no doubt.

"You've been hanging around me so much you're starting to dress like me," MJ laughed. Skylar shrugged.

"So, how are we getting to Times Square?" she asked clasping a gold necklace around her neck. Her hair had grown longer than when she first arrived on earth. It laid around her collar bone. She ran lipgloss along her lips and awkwardly smoothed it out. MJ stood and crossed her arms.

"Are you ready yet?"

"Done." Skylar turned around smiling . MJ shook her head and the two girls walked downstairs. MJ grabbed her purse and Skylar slid on a beanie. It was starting to cool down and shift into fall.

"We're taking the subway," MJ said. Skylar followed MJ out of the house and locked the door. Sitting on the steps was Dr. Strange and his friend Wong.

"Good morning Dr. Strange, good morning Mr. Wong!" Skylar said cheerfully. MJ looked at them with a raised eyebrow.

"Good morning," both Dr. Strange and Wong said. Skylar hooked her arm with MJ's as they walked down to the subway. When they got on the subway they sat in the back. It wasn't crowded at all today. But it did smell bad.

"Is that really that mans name?" MJ asked.

"Yeah, I thought he was Strange too," she said laughing.

"Dr. Strange was kind of cute," MJ laughed and Skylar covered her face laughing. The girls were preparing for the football game tomorrow. Afterwards, they planned to go to the movies with Peter and Ned.  Exiting the subway the girls jogged up the steps. Horns blared, music played, and advertisements appeared on the buildings. This was Skylar's first time in Time's Square and it amazed her.

"What do you want to do first?" Skylar asked. MJ pointed over to a store called Elite Teas. She didn't want to ask what tea was but she was very confused. The "tea" was kept in canisters behind the counter and around the wall were small pots. It smelled like a mixture of matcha and tropical fruits. Skylar walked over to a clear pot with matching tea cups.

"We don't allow customers to touch the merchandise...unless they're buying something," the sales woman said approaching Skylar. She nodded her head and picked it up.

"How much is it?" she asked. The woman scoffed and snatched the pot out of her hands.

"It's 86 dollars, way out of your budget I'm afraid," the woman said. Skylar pulled out her wallet and a wad of $20 dollar bills. The woman's eyes bulged watching Skylar count her money. It was a little over a grand.

"You are commission based 10 or 20 percent right?" she asked.

"Yes, that's right. Were you interested in buying it? I can wrap it up for you and throw in a canister of our bestseller?" she said happily. MJ walked over sipping a tea sample.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I was going to buy this pot from this woman but I'll keep my money in my pocket. She was being rude," Skylar said putting her money back in her wallet and ultimately her purse.

"She was being racists, c'mon Sky," MJ grabbed her friends arm and they walked out of the store. They wandered their way into a clothing store.

"The nerve," MJ said angrily. Skylar laughed and picked up a top that read, I LOVE IRON MAN.