The Unexpected Field Trip

The next morning

Strange closed the door to the guest room after checking in on the sleeping Skylar. He sighed remembering the state of her condition last night. Blue blood had ruined her pink dress that they had just picked out together. However, he wasn't mad. He was just worried about who had attacked her. As if he had more to worry about. He stood at the top of the grand steps staring at the gaping hole in the stairs and ceiling. Wong, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark stood around the hole at the bottom.
"Tell me his name again," Tony said. Bruce shook his head and rubbed his hands together.
"Thanos, he's a parasite Tony," Bruce said scared.

Boom! Skylar lurched up in the bed shaking. A feeling, similar to a cosmic blast, shook her body. Like, an explosion in space. She got up and stood by the bedroom door. She was  in pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt. She opened the door and heard people talking. I need to get out of here and change. She crept down the steps wincing. Her foot fell through the whole and she yelped grabbing onto the railing. She almost fell into the hole.Strange floated up to her.
"You should be lying down," he said guiding her back up the steps. She shook out of his grasp and slid down the railing. When she got to the end she dropped by Stark.
"Hey, you're uh, Peter's girlfriend," he said pointing at her. Skylar fought back her smile.
"Where's Peter?" She asked. Tony shrugged.
"Probably on his field trip," he said. Skylar rubbed her face and groaned. She forgot all about the trip. Whose bright idea was it to have a field trip the day after a dance? Bruce walked up to her wide eyed.
"What's up with all this blue stuff on your shirt," Bruce asked. Skylar touched her wound which had bled through the bandages and T-shirt.
"Nothing," She said. Strange stood by her and touched her shoulder.
"The important question is where is your other arm?" Tony said. She looked down and her bionic arm was gone.
"Go back upstairs," Strange said softly and made a portal. Skylar shook her head.
"I'm gonna walk next door," she said starting for the door. She was on edge for some odd reason. Strange grabbed for her arm and Skylar went into defense mode. She poked a nerve in his arm and it fell to his side limp.
Tony sniffed and shrugged his shoulder.
"Teenagers are terrible at this age Strange, don't be embarrassed."
"Would you all stop harassing the girl! Thanos is coming!" Bruce shouted. Skylar turned to him slowly and narrowed her eyes. A chill rolled down her spine as her heart beat quickened.
"What!" She shouted.
"Hey doc, tell me your moving your hair?" Tony said.
"I'm not," Strange said. A small breeze blew through the five of them. Screams erupted from outside. Tony walked to the door and opened it. People were running around and cars were crashing into each other, buildings, and signs. Skylar's knees shook as she followed behind him. The wind was kicking up dirt and throwing flags around. She walked up to the corner and Tony pushed her back as they nearly avoided being smacked by a red flag.
"Get off of me," Skylar snapped. She was on high alert as she turned the corner.
"Listen and rejoice for you are about to die at the hands of the children of Thanos," A Black Order member said calmly.
"Go back in the house," Strange said pulling Skylar back. She probably should have listened but she stayed. Almost as if she couldn't move.
"I'm sorry, earth is closed today!" Tony yelled. The creature looked past them all and to Skylar.
"Do I know you child?" It asked. Skylar then took off running. Her bare feet padded down the street. Strange watched and made a portal for her to run into. Skylar fell onto the ground and a man yelled. When she looked up she was standing behind a blonde haired dude. No, not a dude...but a man. She groaned getting up and rubbing her head.
"Lamoia?" She looked over to where the voice was coming from. Gamora stood behind a table with a group of others. Deep seeded rage filled her and she hopped over the table and knocked Gamora down.
"You!" She pinned her sister down with her knees and struck her in the face. Gamora rolled her sister off of her, dragged her by her shirt, and pinned her to the wall.
"Lamoia Stop!" Gamora yelled.
"Another family reunion...yaaaay," the guy said. Skylar kicked Gamora's legs from behind her and squared up.
"I'm not going to fight you!" Gamora yelled. Skylar kicked off the wall and tried to stop on her chest. Gamora took a hold of Skylar's leg and flipped her to the ground. When Skylar began to get up again a small pair of hands were placed on her head.
"Sleep."

**********

Gamora stood by her sister's sleeping body running her fingers through her hair. Quill came over and messged her shoulder.
"So, she's Lamoia?" He asked. Gamora opened Skylar's eyes and they were grey.
"She's angry," Gamora said lowly. Quill nodded his head.
"Yeah, I think we got that from her dramatic entrance," he laughed. Gamora touched the empty space where Skylar's arm would be.
"I could've helped her that day...she was young then. I didn't know that our father was going to hurt her. She was the baby after all. He walked over to her after she lost to Nebula and tore her arm from her body...I could have saved my sister," Gamora lifted her hand to her lips trying to stifle a sob. Mantis walked over to them.
"When I touched her, I knew she was angry, terrified, lonely, and yet felt love for a boy named Peter," she said. Quill and Gamora exchanged looks.
"I swear I've never met her a day in my life," Quill said holding up his hands. Gamora kissed her sisters head and stood.
"Let her sleep," she said. Suddenly, a portal appeared from the floor and Skylar fell through.
"NO!" Gamora yelled. She jumped for the portal but it disappeared.
"I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye," Gamora said.