They Know.

Getting ready for school hadn't been easy for Skylar in the past few days.  Since the attack the other day she hadn't been able to sleep through the night. Every time she'd close her eyes her heart would skip a beat and she'd open her eyes to find herself halfway through the bed. She considered sleeping at Strange's place but she felt the cloud of isolation drawing her to be alone. Normally she'd leave her front door unlocked in case Strange wanted to drop by but now she locks everything. This morning she sat at the edge of her bed wet and still wrapped in her towel. In front of her was her room but in her mind she was back in the alley. The searing pain of the blade piercing through her still haunted her. Her wound had healed but the pain still lingered. Beside her, on the nightstand, her phone buzzed. Skylar snapped out of her daze and reached for it.
"Hello?" She said barely a whisper.
"Hey Sky, didn't see you head out to school. You ok?" Strange asked. Skylar blinked and processed what she was hearing.
"Oh, yeah yeah I'm getting ready now," Skylar stood up pressing the phone between her ear and shoulder.
"Have a great day. Oh! Wong is cooking tonight," Strange laughed. Skylar stared blankly at her clothes on the bed.
"Ok."
"Need a ride to school?" Strange asked. Skylar shook her head.
"No."

At school, Skylar stared at her feet as she walked down the hallway to her class. 
"Frank, you don't smell like anything. Now, let go of me!" A girl screeched up ahead. The girl tumbled into the middle of the hallway and stormed into a nearby classroom. As Skylar walked by Frank grabbed her arm gently.
"Smell my new cologne," he said pulling her into a hug. Skylar, without hesitation, brought her knee up to his groin and bashed her head into his. Frank let go with a shout and Skylar sped walked away into the departed crowd. I don't have time for Frank's antics. By the time she walked into her first class everyone had heard about what happened. In science class, she sat at a table with four other people. When she approached them slinging her backpack to the ground they all stood up and left. Across the room, MJ, Ned, and Peter stared sympathetically.
"Alright, everyone starting off could you pass the homework forward?" Dr. Pulough asked standing at the front. Skylar internally groaned. Her back was nudged with a stack of papers. Skylar grabbed them and passed them forward. There was no need to dig around looking and pretending she left them home. Her phone buzzed and she sneaked it out to read under her desk.

Johnny: Meet me by the tree near the basketball court after school.

Skylar felt her stomach flutter as she thought about what Johnny was up to.
"Miss, Skylar," Dr. Pulough said pushing up his glasses.
"Yes. Dr. Pulough?" She said hiding her phone.
"Would you like to enlighten us on what's so funny?" 
"No." Skylar said curtly. Dr. Pulough blinked genuinely stunned.
"See me after class Miss. Skylar," Dr. Pulough turned on his heels to write her name on the board and went on to teaching. Throughout the entire class she only though of one thing still staring at her name on the board. That's not even my real name.

After all her classes and lunch the day was finally over. Instead of seeing Dr. Pulough after class she skipped out ducking in the crowd. Skylar flew out the side door of the school and towards the basketball court. From afar Johnny was laying a blanket out on the grass and frantically setting things up.
"Having a hard time in school are we?" Skylar looked to her left and under the shadow of the steps Fury appeared.
"Fury?"
"I hear on the wind that you are struggling. I can't blame you. That attack the other day would make anyone feel...out of place." Fury stepped closer and pulled a card out his pocket, "If you need to talk or feel like things are starting to creep back up call me."
Skylar nodded and took the card. Fury walked away to his black truck and Skylar walked to Johnny who stared intensely.
"Everything ok?" Johnny asked. Skylar tucked the card in her back pocket.
"Yeah, what's this?" Skylar smiled. Johnny sat down in one corner of the blanket.
"I could reach and take all the snacks from the vending machine so I bought us a couple of things and," he reached into his book bag, "I have a canned lime soda or cola?"
Skylar smiled and pointed to the lime soda. The two spent two hours laughing, talking about school, and their favorite things. Skylar was sad when it ended but happy Johnny wanted to walk her home.
"So, this is me," Skylar gestured. Johnny looked up at the brownstone in amazement.
"Well, have a good night!" Johnny waved. Skylar walked up and unlocked the door.
"See you tomorrow," Skylar smiled. Johnny waited until she closed the door to head home. Skylar walked into the living room and shouted. Strange sat on her couch.
"Everything alright?"  Skylar asked. Strange sighed.
"First and foremost you should have called me to tell me you were running late. Second, we found an underground organization that are plotting against you. They know who you are."