Round 2

"You don't look so good," Ned stood in front of Skylar holding his lunch tray. She stared off into the distance and not at anything in particular. Her mind was going and replaying the events of last night. She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Nebula probably want going to come back anytime soon and when she got home she knew Strange would be waiting for her.
"I'm fine Ned. Thank you." She smiled weakly. Ned frowned and looked over towards the table where MJ and Peter sat.
"I'm sitting here," Ned announced plopping his tray down. Skylar raised an eyebrow and laughed.
"Ned, I'm fine. It's ok if you want to sit with MJ and—." She bit her tongue.
"They're too mushy for me," Ned said chucking a fry into his mouth. The two started a small convo about classes and homework when Johnny appeared. Skylar felt her heart skip a beat and her smile beaming.
"Hey you," Johnny said sitting next to Skylar so close Skylar could feel the warmth of his body. Ned looked between the pair and frowned.
"I can't escape it," he muttered himself.
"Johnny this is my friend Ned and Ned this is my..." Skylar paused. What did you call someone you have feelings for but you aren't together?
"Love interest," she said confidently. She remembered reading something about it in a book at the bookstore. Johnny coughed while chuckling.
"Love interest?" Ned bit his tongue to control himself from laughing as well. Skylar felt her skin grow hot and tears sting her eyes.
"Yes," Johnny said after composing himself. Skylar batted the tears away and faked a smile.
"Are you both going to the trip in Rome?" Ned asked. Johnny surveyed Skylar with narrowed eyes.
"Are we going...love interest?" Johnny nudged Skylar gently with his shoulder.
"I have to ask my dad," she admitted.

As lunch went by Skylar found herself stretching in gym class.
"As we all know the time has come. Our favorite once a year activity," Coach Carter looked around. The gymnasium fell silent.
"The PACER test!" He belted and was rewarded with a fit of groans. Skylar pushed back the thoughts of last years PACER test and prepared herself. All students lined themselves at the base. The crowd dissipated as soon as the test began. There were 10 the 7 and then 3. Skylar kept a steady pace as the beeps became quicker. To her left was Peter and to her right Johnny. Their feet hit the ground in unison creating a rhythm that Skylar tried to track.
"Brings back memories doesn't it?" Peter said. Skylar ignored him.

Beep.

"Whew, this is a workout," Johnny said beside her. Skylar chuckled.
"I didn't know you had this much stamina," she huffed.
"Oh yeah, I can go for a long time," Johnny mentally cringed as the words came out his mouth. Skylar nodded in agreement.
"Me too. This is nothing," she said. It fell silent again until the beeps increased more.

"C'mon Skylar!"
"C'mon Johnny!"
"C'mon penis Parker!"

The three pressed on each trying to out do the other. Skylar felt a metallic taste in her mouth. Her legs shook and her chest scorched. 

"The PACER test is complete!"

Skylar collapsed on the floor. I did it. Johnny squatted beside her.
"We should go for Italian food tonight to celebrate. I know you didn't have a good time at the Thai restaurant," he said. Skylar laughed.
"I've never had Italian food."
"Well, it'll be my treat," Johnny helped her up. Skylar started to say something when Johnny frowned.
"Hey, good job guys," Peter said. Johnny gripped Peter's hand.
"Likewise." Peter froze and looked between Johnny and Skylar.
"Could I speak with Skylar alone?" Peter asked. Johnny walked towards the lockers.
"Yes?" Skylar asked. Peter leaned in.
"I don't have a good feeling about Johnny," Peter whispered.
"Johnny is a nice guy and a good friend." Skylar said before walking away. Peter was annoying but Skylar couldn't help but wonder how Johnny knew about her attack at the Thai restaurant.