The Accident

"The blip did you justice Skylar. You're all filled out in the right places," Skylar tried to tune out the antics of Frank Wellington as he walked by her. He was a "nobody" before the blip, but now that he was on the basketball team,  6'6, and muscular he automatically became douche jock.  entire class stood against the padded wall facing their new gym teacher Mr. Gibson.
"Being as though this is my first gig I will let you all have a free period. You can do your homework, eat, and drink. Just don't go outside of the gym." Mr. Gibson said. Skylar smile and turned to look at MJ. MJ and Peter were already walking away towards the bleachers.
"If you need a shoulder to cry on or a face to sit on you can hit me up," Frank whispered from her left. Frank dapped up some of his brainless goons and laughed. Skylar rolled her eyes and turned away. MJ waved at her from the bleachers and Skylar shook her head. Skylar maneuvered through the crowd and to the downstairs weight room. The hallway was damp and dimly lit but the reward on the other end was worth it. At the bottom of the stairs was the only vending machine that carried candy. Skylar craved a nougat bar. She looked around the hallway and found it empty. She reached into the glass barrier and plucked a nougat bar from the rack.
"So, you have powers too?" Skylar jumped and snatched her hand back. The guy standing next to her, leaned on the wall, was Johnny Marshall. Skylar remembered him from her first period class. Skylar hid the bar behind her back and shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know what you're talking about," she said even though she knew it was foolish. Of course he saw her using her powers. He wasn't dumb.
"Right," he chuckled and moved to the vending machine. He searched his gym pockets and fished out change. Skylar caught herself staring at the muscles in his broad shoulders. His upper half was shaped like an upside down triangle.  His waist was small but his behind was round. Johnny turned around with a smug smile.
"Think you could get me a pack of cookies? I'm short a quarter," he said. Skylar looked around and quickly grabbed the cookies. Skylar handed them over and Johnny's hand clamped down on her wrist.
"Get off of me Johnny," she said wrenching it back. His grip was strong but Skylar couldn't feel it. The only thing she could feel was if she pulled away her arm would fall off. He pulled her into him and pushed her to the ground.
"What the hell?" Skylar screamed. Johnny looked down at her and then back towards the vending machine. There was thumping coming from the stairwell. The very large, and very heavy, basketball equipment cart came flying out. It crashed into the vending machine and glass shattered everywhere. Johnny got up and Skylar released her held breath.
"Thanks," she said. Johnny nodded and helped her to her feet. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.
"I'm not Frank," he said before jogging up the steps.

After gym, Skylar walked down the fiction aisle in the library. Her class had to come to the library for a computer assignment. Skylar took the time to find a new book to read. Her metal finger ran over the spines until she came across one that really stood out to her.
"This doesn't belong here," she said to herself. She plucked it from the shelf and shifted through it.
"How to date with dominance," Skylar looked around to make sure no one was looking it in the same aisle. As she read on she felt her face burning and immediately closed the book. She made a mental note to ask Strange a few questions when she got home.
"Hey Skylar, escaping the screen?" MJ said suddenly beside her. Skylar threw the book into the shelf and turned. MJ looked at her quizzically.
"What was that?" MJ asked. Skylar walked by her.
"Nothing," Skylar said. MJ sighed and walked around to cut Skylar off.
"Listen, I know it's kind of difficult to deal with Peter and I—."
"MJ, I'm happy for you both," Skylar snapped before walking away. MJ sucked her teeth and threw her hands up. Skylar wasn't happy and she was honestly shocked at how smoothly the lie tumbled out of her mouth.  What was her alternative? Hey MJ, I think you and Peter are backstabbers. No, she compressed her feelings into her chest and wrote them off.