New phone, who this?

"Are you ok?"
Skylar closed her gym locker and slid on her tennis shoes. Today, they were doing the class fitness test. Peter walked beside her as they entered the gym.
"What are you talking about?" She asked. Peter held the door open and Skylar walked through.
"You know, with what happened at the Thai restaurant?" Peter whispered. Skylar smiled.
"Oh everything is cool. I'm suppose to be meeting up with him today," she said. They walked towards the bleachers and sat with Ned and MJ on the bleachers.
"What were you two doing, making out in the bathroom?" MJ mocked. Skylar threw up her middle finger and MJ clapped. Peter just turned a deeper shade of red.
"Alright listen up," Coach Wilson yelled, "Today's the fitness test, hopefully you have stretched because we are knocking out the PACER test first."
"Aw hell!" MJ yelled. Everyone turned to her and she waved.
"Everyone on the base line," coach Wilson said before blowing his whistle. Skylar followed her friends awkwardly to the back wall.
"What is this?" She whispered to Ned.
"Death." He said seriously.
"What you do is every time the machine beeps you run and if you don't make it before the beep you're out. Almost like a competition to see who has the most stamina," Peter whispered. A competition? Her thoughts went back to her battles with her sisters but she shook them away.
"Beginning now!" The machine started up.

Welcome to the PACER test let's begin. Beep.

Everyone started out in a decent jog to the other wall.

Beep.

They ran to the other side.

Beep.

Everyone's page began to quicken. And as Skylar reached the other wall she noticed people walking off to the side already.

Beep.

Skylar ran faster.

Beep.

MJ cursed as she walked over to the side.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

It was getting faster. Skylar, Flash, and Peter were the only three left. Flash had sweat pouring down his face as his hair clung to his forehead.
"Give up Penis Parker!" He huffed.
Beep.

They ran faster and Flash yelled just before he could reach the other side the machine beeped.

Beep.

"How are you this fast?" Peter huffed beside her.

Level 50

It was now a competition. Skylar was damn near kicking herself in the ass as she ran. The two were neck and neck. Although people were cheering the only thing she could hear was her fathers voice.

I need you to be the best.

She pushed herself faster. Out running Peter but he was still making it to the sides.

Beep.

"Impressive Miss. White!" Coach Wilson yelled. She kept running.

"I can't breathe," Peter wheezed beside her.

Level 78

The beeps were sounding faster and Skylar was still keeping a good pace. Until, her foot came down on a loose shoe string sending her crashing to the ground. She put her arm out and kind of braces herself for the fall. Peter slowed down stopped and ran over to her.
"Skylar?" He dropped to her side and Coach Wilson followed. She stared at the ground. I lost. She sighed and got up but immediately Thanos was in front of reaching for her.
"Ahhhh!" She screamed. She scrambled to her feet and ran out of the gymnasium. The bell for third period rung and people began to walk out of the classroom. Skylar ran through the crowd until she was able to run out the door. Thoughts seemed to swirl around her head. Why am I so stupid? Why am I a loser? She kept running as fast as she could in no particular direction at all.