Back to Reality

"So Iron Man and Captain America are dead?" Skylar asked for the third time. It was inconceivable to her imagination. Tony Stark was like a father to Peter. That must've been a hard time for him. Skylar put her tea cup back onto the saucer and sighed.
"You missed a lot," Strange said. Skylar nodded her head.
"I know...my two best friends are dating," Skylar said with a smile. It quivered on her face and dropped as she began to cry again. Strange stood up and squatted by her chair.

"Hey hey, calm down Skylar," Strange took her into his arms and hugged her gently. Skylar composed herself and pulled away.

"Its just been a lot going on and being away for so long," Skylar sniffed. Strange nodded his head. A small vibration rattled the coffee table making them both jump.

"Hey, stay put, I'll be right back," Strange said before putting the phone to his ear. Skylar relaxed back in the chair and wiped her face. So much had changed and she couldn't have thought it otherwise. Of course MJ and Peter would start dating because she wasn't in the picture. Then again, how could Peter just move in like that? Skylar's mind raced. She bent over and held her head gently rubbing her temples. Although she was happy to see everyone, she was starting to think she would have been better off alone back on Titan. When Strange entered back into the room Skylar jumped.
"People will move on Skylar but that doesn't mean they love you less. Well, in some cases that's the case but I don't think for your friends," Strange said. Skylar nodded.
"You're right," she said with a weak smile.
"You should stay here tonight," he offered.

The next morning Skylar found herself zoning out in class. She was staring at the board but her mind was back on Titan.
"Skylar?" Ned whispered nudging her. Skylar leaned over.
"Yeah Ned?" She whispered. Ned jutted his chin in the direction of the door. Skylar looked and saw a guy staring inside.
"Who is he?" She asked. Ned shrugged.
"Probably some new guy."