Fitting in

Lamoia woke up screaming and cold drenched with water. A bright light gleamed so bright she couldn't see anything.
"Woah, woah, hey! We're not going to hurt you," a man with a black eye patch said. She raised her hand up to shield her face. The man stood over her and held his hands up slowly. A woman with brown hair kneeled in front of her wrapping a blanket around her shoulders.
"Do you know where you are?" She asked. Lamoia shook her head. It's beautiful here. She was on the water and not too far away a green woman stood holding a torch. It reminded her of Gamora.
"You're on earth."
***
Lamoia stepped inside of the brownstone house and looked around. It was beautiful. The walls were a warm brown. In the living room a medium sized couch sat. Beside it two light stands and a coffee table that sat between the couch and T.V. The one eyed man looked around.
"We'll check on you from time to time. You don't have to worry about rent or anything. We'll send you an allowance as part of a welcome to earth sort of thing," the man stepped to Lamoia and handed over a file.
"What is this?" She asked opening it. Inside was a New York I.D., legal papers, and a class schedule.
"You'll be starting school tomorrow and that's everything you need and your book bag upstairs," he said. Lamoia nodded her trying to take everything in.
"So, I'm safe?" She asked.
"Yes Lamoia...you're safe, oh and by the way, your new name is Skylar White."
"Sky-Lahr," Lamoia said slowly. She liked it. The man smiled to himself and chuckled.
"Oh and next door to you is a doctor," the man said.
"A doctor?"
"A person that takes care of people," he said. Lamoia nodded her head.
"A doctor," she repeated.
"In between the papers there's a tablet. It's been customized to clue you in on earth customs, tradition, and popular culture." Lamoia flipped through the file and found the tablet.
"Ok."
"If you're going to stay here, you need to follow the rules. That means no funny business," he warned. Lamoia nodded.
"No funny business."

When the man left, Lamoia walked around the house. It was warm inside and a nice breeze blew in from the window every now and again. Along the steps going upstairs paintings hung. At the top of the steps there's a lounge area and to the right is Lamoia's room. It had white walls, a full sized bed, and a small desk. The windows were cloaked with thick black curtains. She walked over to the bed and sat down. Her body dipped into the mattress and she gasped.
"It's not hard," she said aloud. She laid back feeling her body mold to the mattress. It was comfortable. She felt herself drifting off to sleep.
"Daughter."
Lamoia lurched up violently and looked around the room frantically. There was nothing or no one there.
"I'm safe, I'm safe," she said laying back down. She curled into a ball and went to sleep.

"Midtown School of Science and Technology."

Lamoia looked up from her map and up at the school. The kids ran around the campus talking and messing around. A group of girls walked by Lamoia and she coughed inhailing their smells of fruit. She walked onward towards the double doors. Inside was worse, The kids screamed and howled throwing around paper while playing back the lockers. She filed the map behind her schedule and looked at her list of classes.
"Chemistry...room 186," She mumbled to herself. Down the hallway the rooms began to count up.
183...184...185...186.
Lamoia walked into the classroom and was met with multiple looks.
"Skylar White?" The teacher asked peering over her red glasses.
"Yes," Skylar handed her the schedule and the teacher dismissed her.
"You're already late, take a seat." She shoved a syllabus into Skylar's chest. Skylar arched an eyebrow and looked around. There were more than enough empty seats but the man with the eye patch told her it's best to sit in the front. She plopped down next to a girl with curly brown hair and brown eyes.
"Sup, I'm Michelle but people call me MJ," MJ extended her hand and Skylar flinched before taking it.
"Skylar White," they shook hands and turned back to their syllabuses. The class went on and Skylar just stared at the black board. I don't even know what she's talking about. She sat there bored but still taking in what the teacher was saying. Maybe, I should go for a walk. Skylar stood and the teacher looked at her puzzled.
"Where are you going?" The teacher asked. Skylar thought for a moment.
"To the restroom?" She said. The teacher pointed her finger down and for some odd reason Skylar sat back down.
"You need to have a pass," the woman said smartly. Skylar looked over at MJ who did a whirl on the side of her head with her finger.
"Can I borrow your paper?" Skylar asked. MJ handed it over. She wrote in all caps PASS. She stood confidently and tripped over her backpack. Someone tried to catch her with her right arm but they grabbed nothing but her hoodies empty sleeve.
"Where's your arm?" Someone asked from behind her. The whole classroom fell silent. Skylar turned around to the guy. Her face began to feel hot and her head began to pound. Why do I feel panicked and ashamed? The guy was a brown haired, brown eyed, small faced guy. Hot tears fell down Skylar's face but she couldn't understand why. The guy stared at her with wide eyes.
"I-I'm so sorry—," He stammered.
"Way to go penis Parker!" A guy yelled. Making the class laugh.
"Get off of me!" Skylar yelled using her hand to pull her sleeve out of his grasp. Her hollow sleeve did nothing but bounce back to her side. They knew now that nothing was there at all.
"Mr. Parker detention!"
Skylar stormed out of the classroom and down the hall running into the first bathroom she saw. She hugged herself with her one arm and cried. What is wrong with me? She thought wiping her face. The door suddenly burst open and in flew MJ, Peter, and Ned.
"Oh my god, are you ok?" MJ asked flying to her side. She grabbed a bunch of tissue from the dispenser and gave them to Skylar. Skylar wiped her face and calmed down.
"I'm so sorry for embarrassing you...I didn't know," Peter said. Skylar nodded her head. When she looked back up at them they were crowded around her face.
"Woah, I didn't know your eyes changed colors!"
"Do they change with your mood?"
"Are you a mutant?"
Skylar laughed the purest laugh. All of her nervousness was gone as she clenched her abdomen.
"You guys are funny," she managed. She stood up and stretched.
"Alright, truce?" Peter asked holding out his hand palm down.
"Truce?"
"It's like a white flag, balancing the war of the world kind of thing," MJ said placing her hand out. Ned followed and the Skylar.
"Truce!"