ANNIE LEONHART ▸ A VISIT

ANNIE | FEM!READER

   IT WAS COLD and the e/c eyed female was feeling afraid, but she had to do it. she had to speak to her, sooner or later, even if it would be only a one-sided and short conversation. the anxious feeling spread in the female's stomach, while her mourning heart started to beat rapidly.

   "it's been some time, huh?" y/n nervously rubbed the side of her left arm with her other hand, before a long, throbbing sigh escaped her slightly chapped lips. "i figured we would need to talk sooner or later, even if i am the only one talking." the female's e/c eyes were glued to the cold ground, not baring to look up at the sight in front of her.

   "i just hope you can hear me..." y/n took few smaller steps forward, making them loudly echo inside the big, cool room. slowly gazing up, breath hitched in the female's throat the second she saw the state her loved one was trapped in. "annie..."

  y/n hesitantly crouched down, before fully kneeling down on the cold ground, not too far away from the crystal, where her lover was currently trapped in, memories suddenly appearing in her mind.

  "and then i realised- annie?" the e/c eye colored female turned her head to the side, seeing her lovely girlfriend with closed eyes and raised chin, making sure she was still listening to y/n's endless chattering.

   "mhm?" not even bothering to open her eyes, the blonde hummed in response. "are you listening?" the e/c eyed female furrowed her eyebrows as both of the female's back were pressed against the big tree strain, while sitting on the springy grass, their shoulders slightly brushing against each other.

   it's been almost two months since the two teenage females started officially dating, even though they knew about their mutual feelings for a long time. it took a lot of courage for y/n to confess her feelings towards annie, with a fear of rejection spreading through the female's entire system, yet she did it, not really getting the reaction she expected.

   it was the first time ever the s/c skin colored female saw the blonde somewhat scared and shocked as annie was never the type of a person to easily give out her emotions and feelings, but the second y/n confessed, the blonde couldn't help it, but feel the way she did.

   being mad at herself for being like this, annie however shared the same feelings towards the other female that was by her side for a long time and always had hope in the difficult blonde. on the other hand, annie enjoyed what the h/c haired female made her feel. the warm, genuine feelings of safeness, comfort and the feeling of so called butterflies in the stomach.

   after trying to push the e/c eyed female away many times as a way to protect her from who the blonde really is, annie eventually gave up and decided to accept the fact she can not pretend her feelings simply do not exist.

   the comfortable warmth of happiness filled y/n's body, when annie confessed her feelings, explaining the reason why the blonde female has been acting so distant lately was because she was afraid, which is more than okay to be sometimes.

   now both of the females were sitting in the lush grass at their favourite and peaceful hanging out place, which was not too far behind the training grounds, where they spend a lot of time.

   "so... what you realised, y/n?" the blonde questioned, proving she was listening to her girlfriend's blabbing. the words instantly disappeared from the h/c haired female's mind, when annie's icy blue eyes flattered open, staring right back into y/n's e/c colored ones.

   "i never said, what i realised back then." quiet chuckle escaped y/n's lips, after reminding her girlfriend of this memory, deep down hoping annie could hear her talking. "i realised the thumping sounds coming from outside were made by a stupid tree branch." the h/c haired female slowly shook her head from side to side, while gazing on the ground, small smile creeping onto her face.

   sadly the small smile disappeared from the female's face as soon as she looked back up, thinking how there might be no chance for the blonde to hear y/n happily and comfortably chattering about their shared memories. slowly standing up from the cold ground, a loud sigh escaped y/n's lips.

   "i understand why you never told me truth." the h/c haired female rubbed her forearm nervously. "you had your reasons. after all... we all have our secrets, don't we?" the female quietly chuckled, trying to ease the pain. y/n looked at the ground, getting lost in her own unhappy thoughts. "i just need you to know, that..."

   taking a deep breath, the e/c eyed female took a deep breath. " i don't hate you, annie. even if i wanted to, i would not be able bring myself to do so. " the female's voice slightly broke, as she ignored it and continued. "i can hear you scoffing at me and calling me stupid for not hating you at least a little bit." a painful smile was plastered on y/n's face. 

   turning around, the h/c haired female made her way towards the exit, before looking back over her shoulder. "it was an amazing visit, huh?" a soft scoff escaped y/n's lips, feelings slowly overwhelming her.

(❗) AN : go drink some water or i'll eat your toes😑

- ANNA