HANGE ZOË ▸ MIDNIGHT PROPOSE

HANGE | FEM!READER

COVERING HERSELF WITH the covers, y/n got comfortable in the big bed she shared with her partner. a weight being added on the other side of the bed alerted the e/c eyed female, as hange climbed up on it, finally realived to have a small moment of peace with their lover.

a smile creeped onto the glasses-wearing brunette's face, when y/n didn't waste any time, before laying down onto her partner's chest, the warmth of their body bringing her comfort. gently stroking y/n's h/c hair, hange pressed a kiss onto the top of her head, just the presence of her making them happy and feel safe.

laying in a comfortable silence, the full moon rays peaked through to window curtains, illuminating the bedroom a little bit. with a sudden thought in the e/c eyed female's head, she raised her head up from her lover's chest, making them furrow their eyebrows. "hange?" y/n softly called out.

"what is it, darling?" waiting for an answer, the hazel eyed person cocked their head slightly to the side. "have you ever thought about where would you be, if the world would be..." the female stopped for a second, searching for the right word. "...normal? you know- no fear of what's behind the walls, death not being behind every corner and having time to waste." thinking she said something wrong, y/n sat up, her back slightly leaning onto the bed head.

"did i said something messed up?" it was now the h/c haired female's turn to furrow her eyebrows, as she watched hange stare into nowhere for the next few seconds. "i've never really thought about it." finally breaking the silence, the glasses-wearing brunette answered. "almost my entire life was and still is about science, the survey corps and titans, so imagining the world without those things is rather strange to me." nodding at hange's words, y/n rubbed the back of her neck. "i guess you're right."

"where would you be, y/n?" suddenly asking, the brunette raised an eyebrow. "i'd probably be someone's boring housewife." the e/c eyed female softly chuckled, not being sure about it either. "what about my housewife?" a smirk appeared on hange's face, making y/n playfully roll her e/c eyes and smile. "yeah..." placing her head on her lover's shoulder, y/n sighed. "...i'd like that."

sneaking an arm around the h/c haired female's waist, the hazel eyed person gently pulled her closer, resting their own head on top of y/n's. "being able to waste time would be actually nice sometimes." bringing up something their partner has said earlier, hange muttered, earning a small, approving hum from y/n in response.

after few more minutes of silence in each other's holds, the e/c eyed female shifted in her place, alerting the brunette next to her. "i'm really thirsty, you want me to grab something in the kitchen for you too?" grabbing her robe, while standing up from the bed, y/n raised an eyebrow. "i'm alright, thank you. want me to come with you?" hange softly smiled, as the female slowly shook her head from side to side. "i'll be fine." leaning closer, y/n pressed a quick kiss on the hazel eyed person's cheek, before walking out of their shared bedroom.

making her way through the dark and quiet halls towards the kitchen, the e/c eyed female wrapped her arms around herself, cold wind hitting her uncovered skin. it didn't took y/n too long to get to the kitchen, where she carefully grabbed a cup of fresh water, trying not to get caught or wake anyone else up, before filling up the cup once more and deciding to bring it back with her, if she or hange would get thirsty.

quietly opening the bedroom door, a bunch of candles burning caught the h/c haired female's attention. "um, hange?" y/n called out, causing hange jump at their place, stand away from the drawer and hide one of their hands behind their back. "y/n, you're back." nervously chuckling, the hazel eyed person pushed their glasses higher with their other hand. "is something wrong? what's all this about?"

"you were right about having time to waste being nice, but that's not how it works right now, which made me realise i can no longer waste my time." hange made their way closer to their lover, making her slightly furrow her eyebrows. "i'm actually pretty nervous, but um- here i go." the glasses-wearing brunette nervously chuckled, before taking a deep breath.

"you, y/n, understand me more than anyone i know, and i couldn't be more grateful for that, because no matter what, you're always by my side. you made me realise life's about more than just fighting and showed me even in a world like this, loving is worth it. i can't help, but love you and i want to protect you no matter what, because i can't stand just the thought of you not being here. and when i say i'd love to spend the rest of my life with you, i mean it."

tears formed up in the corners of y/n's e/c eyes, at the sight of hange slowly kneeling down on one of their knees and opening the small box they've been hiding behind their back until now. "the only question i have for you right now..." the golden ring caught y/n's eyes, the second hange opened the small box. "y/n l/n, will you marry me?"

covering her mouth with her hand, the e/c eyed female was loss of words. meeting hange changed her entire life and she couldn't be grateful enough for someone so caring, loving and understanding like hange in her life. words weren't enough to explain how y/n feels towards the brunette, meaning spending the rest of her life with hange would make her the happiest person in the world.

"yes! yes hange, i will marry you!" letting the salty tears ran down her cheeks, y/n couldn't stop smiling. not being able to help it, hange quietly sobbed, while they stood up from the ground and gently grabbed the female's hand. carefully sliding the golden band onto her ring finger, y/n's loving gaze never left hange's slightly concerned one, as the second they raised their head to look up, the h/c haired female smashed her lips against theirs.

with both y/n's hands on each of hange's cheeks, their hands roamed over her frame, holding y/n as close as possible. the kiss was passionate, full of true happiness and love. as the couple smiled to the kissed, the h/c haired female sneaked her arms around the brunette's neck, hiding her face in the crook of their neck in process.

"i love you, hange." y/n whispered, causing a soft chuckle escape hange's lips. "i love you, y/n." whispering back, the hazel eyed person pressed a kiss on the side of the female's head, as they both continued to enjoy the warm embrace, not being able to be more grateful.

- ANNA