ANNIE LEONHART ▸ HEARTBEAT

ANNIE | G!N READER

THEIR MIND WAS rushing fastly, while the e/c eyed person started to feel overwhelmed, quick and short breaths escaping their slightly chapped lips. the cold and dark room wasn't helping to y/n's panicking, as they tightly clutched onto the white bed sheets, while the h/c haired person's body was faintly shaking.

   "i can't breathe." y/n's mind kept repeating over and over again on a loop. as much as they tried to peacefully catch their breath and calm down, it wasn't working, slightly making their situation worse. this wasn't the first time something like this ever happend to y/n. sometimes even a complete silence was capable of triggering truly unwanted memories, equalling strange and uncomfortable situations.

   struggling like this for a very long time, the e/c eyed person always somehow luckily managed to get out of these uncomfortable situations and it didn't stop them from continuing and doing stuff like joining the military police, achieving their lifelong dreams.

    while the h/c haired person's chest kept rapidly raising up and down, the tight clutch onto the bed sheets tightened, as they started to feel dizzy, knowing passing out is what's going to happen next, if they won't calm down anytime soon.

   as if someone heard y/n's quiet calls for any sort of help, the wooden door to the person's room, they shared with their roommate, creaked open, showing nobody else than y/n's blonde roommate herself, the light coming from the hallway faintly illuminating their shared room.

   "... y/n?" the blonde furrowed her eyebrows, after seeing the person firmly holding onto their bed sheets and hearing their unnatural, quick breathing. "a-annie-" the female's name barely left y/n's lips. annie murmured a quiet curse word, before briskly making her way towards the h/c haired person, kneeling next to their messy bed.

   this, not being the first time annie had witnessed y/n in their panicking state, the female was more experienced than for the first time. many feelings overwhelmed her at the moment, yet annie tried to remain calm.

   "y/n, it's alright. i need you to-" annie'a icy blue eyes kept gazing around the darker room, desperately looking for anything she could help the person's panicking state with, but her own words were cut off by y/n, throwing themselves onto the blonde.

   the s/c skinned person's arms were now tightly around annie's frame, the side of their face pressed onto the blonde's chest as their e/c eyes were firmly shut close. the blonde's blue eyes widened, freezing for a second at the sudden, firm hug. with y/n still clutching onto her body, the female slowly got up from the kneeling pose, before sitting down on the edge of their bed, causing both annie and y/n to be in less uncomfortable position.

   y/n's hair were now being gently stroked by annie, as she could feel their fast, warm breaths on her chest. the overwhelming feelings were slowly vanishing, while the feelings of comfort and safety started to arise with the presence of annie. "it's alright. you're alright." annie hesitantly leaned forward, whispering calming words to the e/c eyed person. "listen to my heartbeat, okay?" the blonde wasn't certainly sure about her own actions, however she couldn't let someone she deeply cared for suffer like that.

   the h/c haired person gripped the hem of the annie's shirt, clutching onto it, like they did with the bed sheets not too long ago, trying to focus on the female's heartbeat, as their ear was still pressed against her chest. few hiccups escaped y/n's dry lips, but they couldn't care less at the moment, glad the heavy weight of their chest was slowly, yet surely being lift up.

   continuing to listen to annie's heartbeat, which was slightly quicker than it's supposed to be, y/n's e/c eyes fluttered open as the uncomfortable heat left their body. slowly pulling themselves off the blonde's chest, y/n's hand kept resting on it, while the h/c haired person's fingers softly brushed against the blonde's collar bone.

   finally raising their head, y/n's e/c eyes met annie's icy blue ones. "thank you, annie." the person's voice was barely above a whisper, yet loud enough for the blonde to hear, as she pursed her lips in small, assuring smile. "i'm just glad you're alright."

   after few seconds, both y/n and annie realised what position they were currently sitting in, the tips of the blonde's ears turned red as the s/c skinned person could feel the heat forming on their cheeks. one of y/n's hands was placed on the blonde's chest as the other one was tenderly clutching onto the sleeve of her military police jacket. meanwhile annie's hand was now resting on the person's shoulder, while the other hand was on their lower back, gently holding them in a place.

   shifting away from each other out of frustration, the blonde played with her own fingers, before raising her head to see y/n looking back at her, thankful smile plastered on their face. "again... thank you, annie." the h/c haired person fiddled with the hem of their own shirt.

   annie's icy blue eyes met y/n's e/c ones, being able to see their words were fully truthful, making a tiny smile creep onto her face. "you're welcome, y/n."

(❗) A/N : yeah this went 📉📉 real quick and i lowkey apologize for that.

- ANNA