HANGE ZOË ▸ BALCONY

HANGE | FEM!READER

    LOUD FOOTSTEPS echoed through the cool, dark hallways as hange happily hummed a slow melody, that has been stuck in their head the entire day with a small, innocent smile plastered on their face.

   tightly clutching the papers pressed against hange's chest, they searched for the wooden door leading into y/n's room after the female promised she'll help the brunette with some of their paper work. hange, barely sleeping, forgot not everybody is going to be awake at hours like this, yet they couldn't help from lightly jumping up and down, energy rushing through their entire system.

   "oi! four eyes!" the hazel eyed person head quickly snapped to their side, seeing no one else than levi ackerman, standing in the door frame of his own room, his arms crossed over his chest. "levi!" hange happily called out, turning rest of their body towards the shorter man.

   "what are you doing up so late, shortie? i thought it's already past your bed time." the innocent, beaming smile never left the brunette's face, while levi scoffed, leaning his side onto the wooden door frame to support himself. "i was asleep, until you decided to jump around the hallways like an idiot."

   "wow, someone's grumpy." a small chuckle escaped hange's lips. "where are you even going, four eyes?" softly furrowing his eyebrows, levi's cold expression not changing, ignoring the brunette's teasing words. "oh i was about to pick up some paper work from y/n and show her these!" hange held out the pile of papers, they were clutching, as a 'tsk' sound left levi's lips.

   "um, what's the problem this time?" confusingly turning their head to the side, the hazel eyed person earned an eye roll from levi. "both so stupid and clueless." the older man murmured under his breath, before straightening himself up. "next time try not to wake up everyone in this building, four eyes."

  after mumbling a miniature 'good night' towards the brunette, levi closed the wooden door behind him, leaving hange with pursed lips, making them re-think his previous words.

   "stupid and clueless? yeah, right." hange mentally scoffed, being aware of their feelings, before turning on their heels and continuing their way towards y/n's room. the brunette's quickened heartbeat caught their own attention the second their hand was just few inches from the door, leading to the e/c eyed female's room. inhaling sharply, before quietly knocking few times, hange wasn't sure if y/n was awake at the moment or not.

   no answer.

   hange's foot softly tapped against the colder floor, waiting for an answer from the other side, before raising their hand, knocking once more.

   still no answer.

   many rushing thoughts filled the hazel eyed person's head, as they slowly reached for the door knob, thinking maybe y/n fell asleep, yet hange needed those papers. "i'll just grab them real quick and leave."  they thought to themselves, opening the wooden door with a loud creak.

   hange's hazel eyes roamed the bigger room, searching for any clue, where the h/c haired female could be. the candle on y/n's working table was burning, meaning she had to be awake or maybe she just forgot to blow the candle. that's what the brunette thought, until they noticed the balcony door opened, a breath hitching in their throat at the sudden, terrifying sight.

   y/n was comfortably sitting on the top of balcony railing, both of her hands tightly gripping it, as her legs were just hanging down, slowly swinging to the front an back. "y/n!" the female could feel her beating heart stop for a moment at the loud call of her name, visibly flinching.