ANNIE LEONHART ▸ IT'S OVER

ANNIE | G!N READER

! manga spoilers !

THE RINGING SOUND filled your ears, while your eyes started to slowly flatter open, a tired groan escaping your lips afterwards. getting up on your knees, everywhere you looked was mist, as you tried to search for the source of muffled voices, which were becoming louder and understandable, with the ringing in your ears disappearing.

"i remember it all. the consistentius damned fool!" familiar male voice echoed through your ears, as you looked jean's direction, seeing him also on the ground. suddenly realisation hit you, causing a gasp to escape your lips, before covering your mouth with your hand, trying to muffle the quiet sobs coming from you. "eren..." whispering, a tear rolled down your face, as the oddly familiar feeling of grief set in your chest, yet it wasn't only grief you were feeling at the moment.

"eren said... he said that my mother would also become human." connie explained, tears streaming down his face. you couldn't help, but fall down on your elbows and silently cry. "the war is over." you thought to yourself, letting feelings overwhelm you. "but what about you? we never asked for your help, you reckless idiot." that familiar voice made your head snap upwards, as you looked all around the place, searching for her.

your breath hitched in your throat. your gaze landed on the familiar blonde, who was currently shuffling on the ground, running towards her father to reunite, as you slowly stood up from the dirty ground. carefully pulling away from the hug with her father, annie slowly turned around, a small gasp escaping her lips, when her eyes landed on you.

everything around you seemed to freeze, as you started to walk towards her, not even realising you were quietly sobbing once again. your walking turned into running, when annie did the same, not caring people might be staring. in a matter of a second the two of you met in bone crushing hug, you almost making the two of you stumble on the ground, as you threw yourself at the blonde.

burying your face in the crook of annie's neck, you could hear your heartbeat fasten up, causing you to hold her even closer, scared if you're gonna pull away, annie's gonna disappear. "i'm so glad you're alright." whispering, you broke down few sobs. "me too..." annie muttered in your chest, sending small vibrations, before you could hear loud footsteps approaching everyone.

"please listen, chief muller." annie's father shouted, while putting his arms in front of annie in a protective manner, as he kept her and everyone else behind him. "eren yeager is dead. the power of the titans have also been eliminated from this world. we're all just regular humans now." mr. leonhart explained to the chief, as you sneaked your hand towards annie's, gently grabbing it, not feeling safe with all the guns pointed at you. the blonde remained staring forward, with emotionless expression, yet she intertwined her fingers with yours, trying to hide you behind her.

"can you prove it? right here and now?" chief muller worriedly furrowed his eyebrows. "if it's a blood test you want-" "right here! right now!" mr. leonhart's words were cut off by muller's shouting, starting to worry everyone else. "are you humans or are you titans?" at the chief's question, everyone looked at each other, before a male voice, which was familiar to you, called out.

"if there was anyone left with the power of titans..." armin started, walking up to the front of the crowd. "...we'd be using that power to protect ourselves right now. instead, even after having guns pointed at our heads, we're still powerless humans." everyone's gaze was now glued to armin, who continued to speak. "this above all is proof that we are just humans now." at the blonde male's words, chief muller's hand slowly fall down to his side. "and you are...?" he furrowed his eyebrows once again. "i am armin arlert, an eldian of paradis island. i am the one, who killed the attack titan, eren yeager."

it was over. the war was finally over. taking a deep breath, you looked at the ground, rubbing your forehead, with the back of your hand, before a hand appeared on your cheek, making you look at her. without saying any word, you looked right into annie's blue eyes, placing your hand over hers, leaning into her comforting touch.

"it's over." annie whispered pressing her forehead against yours. "yeah, it finally is." closing your eyes, you couldn't be more happy at the moment.

- ANNA