HANGE ZOË ▸ ALL THIS TIME

THE SMALL DROPS of sweat streamed down your forehead, strands of hair sticking onto it, as you got into your fighting stance once again. "c'mon, hange! one last turn and then you can go back to your dirty lab." you called out and laughed under your breath at the sight of the glasses-wearing brunette still lying on the training ground. hange groaned in response, slowly picking themselves up. "i don't think i'm going anywhere after this." muttering, hange also got into their fighting position, while you playfully rolled your eyes at their words.

 "you know i'm not good at this, y/n!" the brunette whined like a small child, causing a sigh to leave your lips. the reason behind you and hange training, instead of being stuck in their lab is you not wanting to train alone and also levi saying four eyes get out of the lab once in a while, as they haven't done it in who knows how long. you practically had to drag hange out of there, while they kept begging you not to, but you paid no attention to their childish whining.

"on three." you announced, earning a small nod from hange. "one... two... three!" after finishing your counting, the brunette charged at you, as you swiftly moved to the side and dodged their attack. wide eyes, hange turned their head around to stare at you in shock, but before they could do so, you swiftly kicked their legs, causing them to fall on the ground with a thud. a dry cough escaped hange's lips, when their back collided with the dirty ground, as you pinned each of their wrists above their head and placed your legs on each side of the brunette's waist. 

the corners of your lips curled up into a small smirk. the glasses-wearing brunette couldn't help, but playfully roll their eyes at your victory smirk. the breath in your throat hitched and your eyes slightly widened, when your gaze unknowingly shifted onto hange's inner wrist, you were still gripping. the sleeve of their shirt managed to slightly roll down, revealing the soulmate mark.

at the age of sixteen, initials of your soulmate appear on one of your wrists and you have the rest of your life to find that person. many people's only desire is to find their own soulmate, other people just let it be, while some give up on the search for their one and only soulmate. as almost everyone, you were curious about who this person might be, but you'd never pay much attention to looking for them, because you were too busy with joining the survey corps, training and surviving. after all, the thought of your soulmate being already consumed by the cruelty of this world was always scaring you a little bit.

before you could even process your thoughts, hange took advance of your zoned-out state and manage to flip you over, making them be on the top of you. "ha! got you- y/n?" the glasses-wearing brunette was about to giggle in victory, until they noticed your lack of reaction and disoriented expression. "is everything okay?" hange furrowed their eyebrows, yet got no response from you. ready to ask the same question once again, hange was cut off by you harshly pushing them off your body.

"hey! what's going on with you?" calling out, the brunette rubbed their back, after sitting up from the fall caused by you. instead of answering in words, you slowly raised your arms and lifted up your sleeve, before showing them your inner wrist. the realisation hit hange, as they immediately pulled up their own sleeve and placed their hand right next to yours. the initials of your first and last name were written on hange's wrist, while their initials were on yours.

all emotions and feelings came rushing, when you realised your soulmate has been next to you this whole time. you were aware of your growing feelings for the section commander, but you preferred to keep them to yourself in the fear of rejection and ruining a good, stable friendship the two of you had. a laugh made you snap out of your thoughts, as you looked up to see hange slightly leaning forward and back, while still laughing. "this entire time you've been my soulmate?" the brunette finally calmed out, wiping a tiny tear with their index finger from the corner of their eye.

"well it doesn't have to be true!" you started to panic and pulled down your sleeve, hiding the initials. the heat in your cheeks rose and your heartbeat fastened up, not knowing how to take in the new information of hange possibly being your actual soulmate. "it could be anyone else with the same initials as ours!" you started to quickly rant, before swiftly standing up from the ground, with hange following right after. you continued to panic a bit, while your gaze was glued to the ground, causing you to not notice two hands getting closer to your face.

immediately your rumbling words were cut off by a pair of lips smashing against yours. soon your widened eyes flattered close, as you melted into the kiss and moved your lips in sync with hange's. the two of you were so busy with the needy kiss, you forgot about the need of an air. pulling away, a gasp followed by heavy breathing escaped your lips, while your hands remained tangled in the brunette's messy hair. as your eyes slowly opened, you were met with hange wearing a small smirk on their face. when you were about to ask what are they smiling about, hange tugged a strand of your hair behind your ear and pulled you a little bit closer with the hand, that was still gently resting on your waist.

"you are acting like i mind you, being my soulmate, y/n." hange almost whispered in a soft voice. "you don't?" furrowing your eyebrows in confusion, you waited for an answer. "of course i don't, darling." placing a hand on your cheek and gently caressing it, the brunette assured you. "well in that case, i'm more than glad you are my soulmate." your worries slowly washed away, as your expression changed into a happy and soft one. "and i'm more than glad you are my soulmate." hange whispered against your lips, when they leaned closer, letting you feel their hot breath against your skin.

closing the gap, you pressed your lips against theirs one more time, the warm feeling bursting inside your chest. you never felt the need to search for your soulmate, but now you're more than happy you've found them. even though they've been by your side all this time.

- ANNA