ANNIE LEONHART ▸ MORNING COFFEE

ANNIE | G!N READER

EYES FLATTERING OPEN, you finally woke up from your deep slumber. a soft groan escaped your lips, when you propped yourself onto your elbow and stretched, before gazing out of the bedroom window. the sound of birds chirping filled your ears, as the summer wind coming from the opened window hit your uncovered skin. from the window, you could see the front yard of your house, where some of the flowers were growing, making it look even more beautiful.

as a yawn left your lips, you turned your head to the other side of the big bed, noticing the empty spot, which caused you to softly smile to yourself and shook your head from side to side. you didn't know what time it was, yet you knew it was way too early for your wife to be awake, because the sun wasn't even fully out.

getting out of the messy bed, your bare feet collided with the wooden floor, as you slowly walked through the bedroom, making your way towards the door. from the corner of your eye, you spotted your reflection in the body-length mirror, causing you to stop and face it. you tried to rub the sleepiness out of your eyes and fix your morning hair, but you stopped the second your gaze landed on the shiny band on your ring finger.

softly smiling to yourself, you examined the ring, which you've already done hundred times, yet you couldn't believe it was real. about ten years ago you joined the training corps, not expecting what was coming next. it's been a few years now, since the war has finally ended, but there were still some nights, where you would wake up from all the nightmares. you tried to look past this, as you had more positive things to look at now, one of them being your wife.

you and annie knew about the way you feel for each other for a long time, but with the war and everything going on back then, there was not a much time for things such as love. that's in the past now. after the war, it was annie, who proposed you and you didn't waste any time, before saying yes to her. more than a year has passed now. you and annie were now living in a smaller house, not too far away from other people, yet far away to have your peace, which both of you deserved.

shuffling across the bedroom, you finally made your way towards the door, opening it with a creak. the smell of fresh coffee filled your nose, as you stepped inside the kitchen. the sight of the blonde's back facing you caught your attention, noticing she was working on something. you weren't even trying to be quiet, causing annie to realise it was you, who made the wooden floor creak, as she didn't bother to turn around, knowing exactly what you're going to do next.

sneaking both of your arms around annie's waist, you pressed your chest against her back, feeling her tense up for a second, before slowly melt into your comforting touch. "good morning." you whispered into her ear, before burying your face into her neck. "morning." the blonde greeted, continuing to make the coffee, with you clinging onto her.

"what are doing up so early, babe?" you propped your chin onto her shoulder, watching her make the coffee. at your question annie just shrugged her shoulders, causing your head to move slightly up and down with her shoulders. "need any help?" furrowing your eyebrows, you let go of annie's waist, as you leaned your back onto the counter, gripping the edge with both of your hands. "could you maybe hand me some cups?"

nodding at annie's words, you made your way towards one of the higher cupboards, opening it and reaching up for a two mugs. you placed one of the mugs on the counter right next to you, ready to reach for the other one, but your hand slipped, causing you to drop it. annie's head immediately snapped towards you at the sound of something breaking, making sure you were alright.

"shit." cursing under your breath, you carefully kneeled down and started to pick up the now shattered mug. "sorry, i'm still a bit sleepy." you sighed, before throwing the broken pieces away. looking up, you noticed annie facing you, yet the blonde's gaze was glued to one of your legs. "annie, you-" slowly following her gaze, you looked down at your leg, noticing a blood running down your ankle.

"it must've happened, when i dropped the mug. it's nothing." you assured the blonde, noticing annie's kind of worried expression. "go sit outside. i'll be right there." at annie's words, you raised an eyebrow, but decided to not question it and went sit outside on the front porch. sitting down, you checked the small cut, as you realised it's just a small scratch, that doesn't even need stitching.

the front door opened, as annie holding two mugs and something under her arm walked out, making her way towards you. placing down the mugs, the blonde kneeled in front of you, opening the small beg with bandages in it. "you're not mad at me, right?" you cocked your head to side, as annie slowly started to fix the cut. "i'm not gonna be mad at your, for being an idiot." answering, annie's gaze never left your leg.

"well you better get used to it, because you're the one, who asked me to marry you." you playfully teased, crossing your arms over your chest. the corners of annie's lips twitched into a small smile at you words, while you giggled. "i can see you smiling." you teased the blonde once again. at your words, annie slightly pressed onto your injury, causing a small hiss to escape your lips. "hey!"

finally finishing taking care of your small injury, the blonde stood up and reached for the two mugs of coffee. handing you one, you thankfully smiled at your wife, as she placed one of her hands on the side of your head, before leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss on your forehead. you couldn't help, but smile even more.

annie sat down next to you, your shoulders brushing against each other, as you carefully placed your head onto her shoulder. watching the sun slowly rise up from behind the tall trees, you sipped onto your warm coffee, enjoying it, but not more than enjoying the presence of your lovely wife.

the war was finally over and now you could spend the rest of your life with annie, as you always wanted.

-ANNA