MIKASA ACKERMAN ▸ OVERWORKING

MIKASA | G!N READER

FINISHING THE PAPER WORK they had bring home last night, y/n stretched their arms and legs out, a sigh of relief escaping their lips. grabbing their phone from the desk, next to an empty mug, the e/c eyed person turned it on, their lock screen popping out. y/n's current lock screen was a photo of them brightly smiling at the camera with one of their arms around their girlfriend's waist, as both of her hands were gently placed around y/n's lower back, her gaze glued only onto her happy partner, while a small, affectionate was plastered on her face. reminding themselves the memory, the h/c haired person smiled, feeling their heart flutter at the sight of their lovely girlfriend, mikasa.

meeting each other thanks to both y/n and mikasa's mutual friend sasha at the end of the middle school, before attending the same high school, caused both of them to grow really close and develop deeper feelings for each other later on. the promise of taking things slow at the start probably vanished, as it's been four years since the two of them started dating and the couple has been already living with each other for five months now.

as the time on the person's phone read 9:48pm, y/n wondered where their partner could be, knowing mikasa overworked herself a lot, worrying them a little. when they were about to put their phone back down onto the desk, a sudden notification rang, getting the e/c eyed person's attention. raising their phone once more, the short message from mikasa, saying she should be home in ten minutes, made smaller wave of happiness rush through their body, excited to see their lovely girlfriend after the entire day of being alone in their shared apartment with a piles of paper work, and business emails.

closing the laptop shut, after checking for any un-read messages, y/n stood up from the chair, while shoving their phone into the back pocket of their sweatpants, before opening the closet and swiftly grabbing a random, comfortable hoodie. the h/c haired person turned off the lights in the bedroom, closing the bedroom door behind them as y/n made their way towards the front door, wanting to nicely surprise mikasa.

walking down the stairs of the apartment building's second floor, y/n fiddled with the keys to their own apartment with a sudden wave of energy. the streets were dark, yet filled with a bunch of loud car noises, dogs barking and people shouting over each other once in a while. cold air hitting the e/c eyed person's face, made shivers ran down their spine as they hugged themselves, hoping to ease the cold at least a little, while waiting for their girlfriend to finally come home from work.

looking all around the street, a car came into y/n's view, causing them to sigh in relief, because even in such an absence of light, the e/c eyed person could recognise who the dark car belonged to. as the owner of the car parked, the lights completely turned off, being followed with the sound of the car door opening and soon closing.

"y/n? what are you doing outside?" fast-walking towards y/n, mikasa furrowed her eyebrows at her significant other. "i was just waiting for you." innocently answering, the h/c haired person softly chuckled, as the ravenette quietly sighed. "something could have happend to you. you know how dangerous this place can be." gently placing her hand on the side of y/n's arm, mikasa looked around the dark street. "i'm alright, don't worry. now let's go." the e/c eyed person grabbed their girlfriend's arms, as it was still holding onto them, before placing the other hand on mikasa's cheek, their thumb softly brushing over it.

as both y/n and mikasa leaned in, their lips collided, sharing a quick, soft kiss, before exchanging a small smiles. walking hand in hand upstairs towards the couple's apartment, y/n could notice something was definitely off with their partner, her shoulders slightly slumped, while keeping her tired gaze onto the stairs. the second they closed the apartment door behind the both of them, the h/c haired person didn't waste any time, before helping mikasa to take off her jacket, placing it into the closet afterwards.

"mikasa?" y/n walked closer to their girlfriend, her back facing the e/c eyed person. "hey, what's wrong?" softly calling out, y/n placed each of her hands on both sides of the female's arms, while their chin rested on her shoulder. "it's nothing, y/n. it has just been a long day in work." answering after few seconds of silence, mikasa slighty turned her head to the side, making an eye contact with her partner.

as an smaller idea popped out in y/n's mind, they shortly pecked the ravenette's cheek, before leaning back with their hands sneaking onto mikasa's shoulders. "how about while you eat the dinner i made..." the h/c haired person started talking in a low tone, their fingers slightly digging into their girlfriend's shoulders, massaging them. "...i'll go fill up the bathtub, huh?" melting into y/n's gentle and easing touch, mikasa hummed in response as her dark eyes remained closed in pleasure and tiredness at the same time.

continuing massaging the female's shoulders, the e/c eyed person leaned closer. "i know you've worked really hard for the position, but that doesn't mean you have to be so hard on yourself, and overwork all the time." mikasa's eyes fluttered opened, when she felt the comforting touch of y/n's hands leave her shoulders, just to feel those two arms sneak around her waist, pulling her closer into their chest. "promise me you won't be so hard on yourself, mikasa." the h/c haired person muttered, their head buried into the back of the ravenette's shoulder. "i won't, y/n."

raising their head and quickly pecking the place it was burried into just a few seconds ago, y/n's arms left mikasa's waist as they walked in front of her, finally fully facing her. an assuring smile plastered on the e/c eyed person's face caused the corners of the female's lips also twitch into a smile, her heart fluttering at the sight of their caring significant other.

(❗) AN : this was actually a request from my tumblr, and it's not proofread yet, so please be aware!!

- ANNA