Home Sweet Home

Astrid POV

The road trip was long and Zephyr went to sleep again. It wasn't until I passed a sign that said: "Welcome to Henderson." I signed with relief and knew I was almost there. Just a few more minutes hopefully. 

It took 30 more minutes until I see a familiar entrance. The house's architecture has changed a bit but it still has so many memories I hold on to. 

As I reached the entrance I was greeted by a woman with brown hair done in a nice bun and another woman with long bright brown hair that was braided who were then accompanied by other women coming down the porch

As I reached the entrance I was greeted by a woman with brown hair done in a nice bun and another woman with long bright brown hair that was braided who were then accompanied by other women coming down the porch. Tears were beginning to form as I got out of the car and saw them. "Iduna? Valka?"

"Astrid!"

We hugged and cried until I noticed the rest coming down.  

"Astrid?"

"Heather!? Elsa!? Moana!?" the three of us had a group hug like old times. "Oh my gosh, it's you."

We laughed and cried because it has been forever. After a while, I took them to see Zephyr, "Zephyr, we're here." She opened her eyes and noticed everyone around us. She shyly came out of the car and was greeted by everyone.

"Both of you must be exhausted, come on in." We came in and it was just as cozy as it is on the outside. There is just so much to talk about.

They took me to the room I was going to share with Zephyr and I left her there to sleep as I went to the living room with everyone else to talk. 

***

As we went to the living room, I saw many pictures on the walls and shelves. Of course, the furniture was not the same but it still matches the area. There was also a beautiful piano. I wonder who plays?

"Unbelievable, why would she do that?" Elsa asked after I told them the whole story

"I don't know and I don't think I want to know. All I knew is that I couldn't stay there any longer. I thought it was best to come back and start a new life."

"Well, this is your home. We were actually planning to invite you here for the summer, but this is so much better." Iduna said as she hugged me tightly. "You and Zephyr can stay in this house like you used to, just take your time."

Elsa, Moana, Heather, and Valka nodded in agreement. With that, I finally felt warm, safe, and happy. "Thank you so much, we both appreciate it. So, enough talking about me, how about you guys? We have a lot to catch up on."

All of a sudden a little girl comes in with a smile on her face. "Hi, mama!" Mama?

"Malarie! How's my little girl?" Moana answered. Wait!? Moana has a child? Wait, what about Carl? Wow, I seriously have some catching up to do.