Jury (part 2)

It was a new day and everyone was waiting for the judge. A few minutes later the judge comes and then asks for an attorney to take the stand and present the one thing Astrid was afraid of, her former husband's will. 

"Okay, so the wishes of the deceased were..."

Moments Earlier

"Hello?"

"Hi I know it's 5 am but..."

"No, it's okay I had to wake up in 30 minutes anyways."

"Alright. Sorry for missing your call I was on my way  home."

"You were? But you were supposed to be back until a few weeks."

"I know but things happened and I decided to come home."

"Oh. If only I could do the same."

"You will soon. Want to talk?"

"Too much to tell. Just having a reencounter with my former mother-in-law."

"Sounds interesting."

"Sure it is."

"Astrid I know about the..."

"The will? Hiccup, I need you to be honest with me. Am I a good mother?"

"... Yes you are. No one is better equipped to take care of Zephyr than you."

"You mean it?"

"Every part of it."

"... Thank you."

Back to the present

"The firstborn will be receiving 8 million from her father when he perishes. Partner will be receiving half of the fortune.

That is the first part of the wishes of the deceased."

"Okay. We will discuss how this will happen but what does the other part say?"

"Yes, your honor. To continue: 

"Mother or former wife is unfit to be with the child due to being mentally unstable. The child must be sent to foster parenting or to my mother. The money that was given to the child must be shared with whoever takes custody of the child."

"What?"

"Your honor there must..."

"I can't deny what was said, but I am not going to make an immediate decision."

"Your honor, the deceased wishes must be taken account for."

"I am aware of such. I will order a short recess. Be back at 15."

***

"This can't be happening."

"It isn't happening. The justice department doesn't just believe in separation. You are not..."

"Mentally unstable. That is the worst and most ridiculous accusation and it's also an insult."

"Listen Astrid nothing has happened yet and if anything, we will fix this."

***

"Okay, so this is my decision. It's true that we have to go with what the deceased has wished for, BUT, with this matter, I am willing to go with how a custody battle goes. That starts with an inspection of the home where the child lives and with who she is with. With the information collected, we will move on from there."

"Your honor if I may, my client has had no time with her grand-child and maybe if..."

"Are you suggesting that she is with the child? You do realize that the inspection will involve the two?"

"I am aware but..."

"Miss Holmes, WHY do you want to spend time with your granddaughter? Are you ill?"

"No. It's because she is all I have left of my son. That woman..."

"I meant personally."

"... I-I just want to get to know her. See what she likes and why she loves her mother so much."

"Okay. I will order a child psychologist to do a check on the child and on her mother. I will also order a check on Ms. Holmes."

"Your honor. My client wants to at least see her grandchild."

"Ms. Hofferson, Ms. Holmes has my permission and you can be there if you want but please stay calm."

"Yes your honor."

Astrid

Why do things have to be so complicated? Okay so now that she will be coming, I will be there for every second. As I was packing, I just couldn't focus so my attorney had to drive me home. I felt bad but she insisted. We arrived and everyone was there to greet us.

As Iduna saw Astrid arrive, she called Valka and they both went down to greet her but noticed that someone else was driving. 

As they arrived, Astrid ran into Iduna's arms and then hugged Valka. I introduced my attorney to them and they invited her inside to drink a cool drink of lemonade.

***

"So it comes to this."

"Yes, it is."

"Well, we have nothing to hide. Even though I don't like the idea of her setting foot here again, but if she is really eager to see Zephyr then, it will have to do."

"Well, I guess that is how it should be then." Later, the attorney found a way to get home and Astrid found out that Hiccup left again but she was too tired to call and she learned that Zephyr and Malarie were camping with the guys. This gave her the chance to relax and process everything. 

How will things go now that Ingrid is going to come and see her?

How will zephyr take it?

How and when is this nightmare going to end?

"It will all depend." That was all she said to end her day and get some sleep.

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter but I didn't want to cram everything here. Hope you enjoyed it.