An Interesting Summer

It was a beautiful Thursday morning at Henderson and a mother had her suitcase and the documents necessary. Now all that was left was to say goodbye for a little while. 

"You will be back right."

"Like always baby. All I want you to do is to be a good girl and not be afraid because you are not alone. Okay?"

"Yes momma."  As Astrid and Zephyr went outside, everyone was waiting, especially Hiccup. As she said her goodbyes to her sisters and her brothers, it was Hiccup's turn. He didn't just want a hug, he did the unthinkable.

After that, gasps and ewws were heard from everyone especially the little girls

After that, gasps and ewws were heard from everyone especially the little girls. She finally hugged Valka and Iduna and then hugged her baby girl one more time. She entered her car and was on her way to the battle. The battle to keep Zephyr with her and protected. 

Everyone watched as her car left in the distance. Hiccup had Zephyr in his arms and then she whispered, "she will for sure win."
"Yes she will," was all he could say.

Astrid left and the rest of the family entered the house getting ready for their day.

"So when I get back you can show me your tricks to chess."

"Great, so are you good?"

"Very good actually and not to brag but, I was never beaten."

"Oh, then can you teach me your tricks?"

"Maybe after we play and we see how good you are, how does that sound?"

"Hmm, sounds good."

"Okay see you later then."

"Bye Hiccup." He was gone leaving Zephyr excited for the day. Along with her friend, she was ready to go to the Vineyard for most of the day.

Even though Astrid is gone, there was still action going on with the family. 

In the evening

"What? How?"

"I thought you said you were never beaten. I guess I am the first."

"Go Zephyr!" That was her friend who was sitting next to her watching along with the dogs and Stormfly who was sitting on Zephyr's shoulder. 

"I guess you've been outsmarted Hiccup. Zephyr I pronounce you the new chess champion."

"You were holding on to that were you, Heather."

"Yes I was, I just can't believe you were defeated by a six-year-old. You know Zephyr, your mom said that one day he was going to be defeated by the unexpected. Wait till we tell her what happened?'' The two girls laughed but the memory of her mother made her miss her and want to be with her.

"... When will she call or am I able to call her?"

"We have to wait until she can. In the meantime why don't you and Malarie wash up and get ready for dinner."