True Feelings For Home

"Astrid don't be nervous we have nothing to hide."

"I know but it's still nerve-racking. Imagine having someone come and do an inspection and usually it always ends in disaster."

"Okay maybe there is something to worry about but we are for sure, and I mean 100% sure that this will work." Heather then leaves to meet with Fishlegs outside leaving Astrid worried on the dinning room. She suddenly leaves but bumps into Hiccup.

"Oh my gosh I must be hallucinating."

"What no no no its really me."

"Oh Hiccup," she hugs him tightly just to make sure, "I'm glad your real."

"I'm just glad I'm not away."

"Please stay." 

"Babe I got to work."

"I know." They kiss for a while.

"When is the wedding? Can I be the flower girl because holding an empty pillow sounds boring."

"Zephyr? How long were you there?"

"I just got here. Eret says he needs his tools and he left them in the living room. We're going to your old house are you coming?

"No sweety I have to stay here. But have fun."

"Okay." Zephyr hugs her mother and Hiccup and runs out with a toolbox.

"Will you come?"

"Like always but you need to relax. Okay?"

"Okay." Hiccup leaves while Astrid leans on the porch waiting for the social worker. She decides to distract herself doing some yard work. Elsa hasn't really been herself lately and the plants that are a few steps away from the porch have been getting uneven. For a while she sees a car coming.

"Oh no." She runs toward the entrance and sees a tall lady who came out with sunglasses and professionally dressed.

"Hello."

"Oh, hello there. Is this where miss Hofferson lives with her daughter Zephyr?"

"Yes this is where we live."

"Oh are they available?"

"Oh no. I'm Astrid Hofferson." The lady looked at her fro top to bottom and was 'okay' with her presence. Astrid later had to apologize many times and invited her in the house. She quickly went to her room and gave herself a quick change and washed herself right off to look at least presentable. 

"So you are the social worker?" The mother asked while she was nervously serving the social worker a cup of lemonade.

"Yes, Helen Parr. I am here to inspect and see how does the child live and if she is in a safe environment and I will not take any of those coments such as, 'she is safe' or 'this is a perfect place for her' sort of thing."

"Oh I understand that. Feel free to do what you need to do?"

"I have a question though."

"Yes."

"Where is the child?" Astrid then immediately remembered where she was.

"Oh... umm. Don't get me wrong, she is with..."

"Momma Momma. I found this in a bush." That was Zephyr running to her mother. The only thing is that her jean overalls were now dirty with paint stains and dirt and that was not only on her clothes.

"Zephyr. Umm... This is Ms. Parr and she is here to see you."

"Hello."

"Hello there. Umm... I can wait for her here."